• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9 Mail set-up problems with Gmail

bradamant

Lurker
May 6, 2010
I've now tried downloading K9 Mail twice and had the same problem. I use a lot of Gmail filters to move mail that I don't need to respond to (listservs, etc.) past my inbox. My inbox usually has <10 messages that I need to act on. So the mail I actually want to browse while standing around, say, on the subway platform, is in All Mail.

I would like to get All Mail pushed to my phone so I can browse it whenever. I only need the top 25-50 messages at a time. On the Blackberry, I used to have push set up for my Gmail account so obviously I saw what's in All Mail. Periodically I purged the stored messages older than a week.

You'd think that K9 Mail would do this perfectly. But both times I've tried to install it, it appears to be trying to download all ~30,000 messages in All Mail in my Gmail account. So I uninstall in a panic! Is there something I'm not getting about the settings? I tried setting it to "fetch 25 messages" in the push/poll settings for that account... so why is it fetching thousands?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones