• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9 mail - some mail items not getting through.

I have a POP3 email account and I normally read my email on my (Windows) PC. As I had a long vacation coming up and wanted to stay in touch, I installed K9 email on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and set it up to retrieve emails from my POP3 account. I tested it and all appeared to be working fine.

While I was away, I checked my email frequently. Most days I picked up maybe up to a dozen emails so I assumed everything was still working OK.

The problem became apparent when I got home and fired up my PC. After three weeks away, Microsoft Outlook reported over 400 emails sitting in my in-box, some dating back to the very start of my vacation. The vast majority of these I'd never seen before. In other words, they never showed up when I checked my email using K9. Why not?

Can anyone think of a reason why some, but not all, POP3 emails are visible on my Android phone using K9?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones