1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

k9 or other email app with an imap server search function

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by flint24, Apr 20, 2011.

1. flint24

flint24 Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Hi,

I just recently moved over from an iPad to a Xoom. Although the Xoom is very powerful and has a lot of potential, so far I'm not seeing too much that it can out-do the iPad on (Zinio, Netflix, Skype video chat, good games, etc). Most of the stuff is app related and I can live with that (for now).

But what I absolutely need is imap search. The iPad and iPhone was able to search not only my gmail imap emails but any imap or POP3 email account I set up on it. I horde emails because of my lifestyle and work and have about 70,000 emails on my gmail imap going back to 1997. I need an email app that can do basic imap search for android. Or at the very least give me the option to download all 70k to my Xoom. I've tried k9 and it's a good app, but no imap search capabilities. The gmail app on xoom works fine with imap search but I've got other imap accounts (like at work) that I kinda need to be able to search too. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Razor1973

Razor1973 Lurker
    None

Nov 4, 2008
    Miami, Florida, U.S.
    Did you ever find an e-mail app that allows you to search on the server, at least for IMAP?