1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

K9 problem sending email (BTinternet/yahoo mail)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Halebop, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Halebop

Halebop Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Hi All,

This is my first posting and I'm not particularly 'techie' so please bear with me!

Just got my first android phone after being a Blackberry user for many years (was time for an upgrade and have been finding my BB unreliable so thought I would try something completely different).

Finding lots of good things about my new HTC Cha Cha - however one major issue that may end up being a deal breaker!!

Email is RUBBISH!!! I didn't appreciate how good the email system was on the BB until I tried the one on this phone.

All I want is to send and recieve emails and be able to create my own email folders and delete/move emails easily - all no problem on the BB.

After nearly a week of messing about I have learnt the hard way that the pre-intalled email programme is worthless. Also went to the bother of getting a google account hoping that gmail would do what I want but it doesn't (why oh why cant it just have a 'select all' tick box so that I don't have to tick hundreds of emails individually??!!) and have come to the conclusion that the K9 app does pretty much do what I want.

However..... having real problems getting the outgoing email to work. When I install K9 (which I have now done so so many times in the vain hope that it will make it work) it comes up with 'setup could not finish. Username or password incorrect. (AUTH PLAIN failed (530 Acess denied)'. And if I ignore this and press continue when I try to send a mail it fails.

I have seached the internet and found other people with the same problem and tried various suggested settings but nothing has worked so far. It probably doesn't help that I am just blindly following instructions as all this 'POP' and 'SMTP' stuff is new to me and I don't really understand what I am doing and how it is effecting things.

I am really loosing the will to live with this and starting to pine for my BB.....

Please somebody help!!!!!!

Advertisement