1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

K9Mail + Default = I Need Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by K1NNET1C, May 12, 2011.

1. K1NNET1C

K1NNET1C Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    Hey, I'm Cade and I need help.

Normally I consider myself somewhat of a tech geek but when I got my HTC Desire (First Smartphone) I almost had an aneurysm. I've installed K9 Mail and seem to like it so far, but I'm not sure how well this is going. I've now got 3 mail applications on my account. Gmail, Mail, and K9 Mail. I was wondering if there was a way to 'disable' the other two, and keep K9Mail as the main one and the default. Anyone know of a way to do this or must I put up with this for ever?

Advertisement

2. Centinel

Centinel Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    Get Titanium Backup Pro and "freeze" the apps to disable them.

Or if you're a cheap so-and-so like me, get AntTek App Manager's free edition and you can freeze them for free.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Put up with what? Don't use the other apps. You don't need to disable them to use K9 as the default.

4. K1NNET1C

K1NNET1C Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    In order to apparently use that I need to root my phone. And it took me an hour to even try last night and then it failed catastrophically.

What I mean is the notifications. All I get all the time right now is constant notifications from all 3 e-mail programs and I have to go into each individual one and erase the messages there when I just want K9 and nothing else.

5. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Just turn off the notifications for the other programs. Go to the other email programs, go to settings, notifications and disable notifications. You only have to do this once.

If you configured Mail to download mail, make sure you turn off the auto-checking for mail as well (Menu->More->Settings->Receive Messages->Set download frequency and change Peak times and Off-peak times to Manual)