• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KangeradeX theme Fission2.+ (questions/thoughts)

The D2 theme gets me more blue (like in Market) and topped off with the 10% battery mod I used before this (multicolor version), looks great. I have wifi at home so haven't noticed any problems with Internet.

blue_market.jpg

Upvote 0
and actually the d2 2.45 worked good on mine for short time i had it too.
since it lost signal everyother reboot, ill i had to do was reboot.

but i guess im kinda anal trying to run on the recommeded theme from rom producer and got paranoid so took link down in first post to get the d2, afraid someone using it and having problems....blaming me for posting it or something.

Upvote 0
I like your battery mod better (segmented circle), but not too keen on the 10% difference in the modded battery.
yeah it bumps like say system says 30%
then the bat mod. will either say 20% or 30%
or say when the system says 90% the bat mod will either say 90% or 80%
then when system drops to 80% they line up for a while then bat mod will say 70%

so it sort of overlaps, making it less then a 10% difference (why i said no more then 10% at any time), really not enough to worry about.

also, i tested and ran it on down and it lines up by 10% or so.

not sure how to explain it.

its all good man. i really like it and it gave me something free to work on.

Upvote 0
got bored again....
this one is gonna be pic heavy. just started running it.
(colchiro, understand if you dont wanna try it :)).
so far no problems for me. loaded up and played with both just fine.
it is a mix of the fission 2. revolution remix and then the kang. blue again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vtst2deug0ujon7#1
small version^

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4ea36s2l8oaswu
download link for large^

there is one that is large where i left the extra rev. remix stuff in the apps but i never noticed any difference then the smaller one, though i could easily have missed something.

the smaller one is everything transferred from kang.blue and the extra rev remix taken out.

just gonna call em' kangrevsmall and kangrevbig

snap20101113_171823.png

snap20101113_171152.png

snap20101113_170615.png

snap20101113_165541.png

credit:
looks about like kangxbatalarm but its actually built on the base from here;
[THEME - Fission 2+] Revolution Remix - xda-developers

which offered a larger transfer base it seemed like. (probably over my head).

the rest of the credits are the same.

(probably switching back to my other theme, if anyone runs these let me know of any problems).

Upvote 0
I installed the small version over my existing theme (apex10%batterymod over blackbar).

Got a FC right off for ExtendedControls and had no network (your internet problem?), cleared the cache, rebooted, then neither of my calendar apps worked. I tried Market, installed one app, then got 2 FC's for Market so I cleared the cache again, rebooted and got a FC for ExtendedControls, no network and no calendars again.

Upvote 0
dang gone....i wonder why it works for me....crap....
maybe i better pull those links down....
cant understand it....hmmmmm....:(

yeah, i better pull the download links on those....i never ran them more then loading and playing around....

kangx i ran for a while and been running kangx w/the bat. charg. since we put it up....

can you give me a list of what apps fc so i can try to reproduce?
extended controls, market, and some calender apps?

Upvote 0
Nope running OTA, deodexed the easy way with 928Droid theme, then back to stock.

No fission. That's probably why I'm having trouble.

I'm not too keen on blurless roms. The last rom I tried (Tranquility 3.0) had the email app removed and I didn't want to find another email app so it didn't last on my X very long.

Upvote 0
k,
installed kangsmall, booted right up, got internet,
gonna remove widget locker and see if stock unlock causes problems. nope.
reinstall widget lock went fine.
ocing on medium volt at 1.25 for stress test, running linpack;

snap20101114_003346.png

snap20101114_003218.png

running widgetlocker, audio guru, battery left, hey tell, launch pro, shoot me, see cpu, system info widget.

actually, i think its almost seems a bit snappier then kangx w/bat and alarm.

i cant explain why your having problems and im not....i have no clue.
well....its fun to play....:)

ill leave this on and see if i can get it to cause me any trouble.
pandora good, usb to computer good.

did all this without an additional restart.
ill run it and report back....:)

Upvote 0
Nope running OTA, deodexed the easy way with 928Droid theme, then back to stock.

No fission. That's probably why I'm having trouble.

I'm not too keen on blurless roms. The last rom I tried (Tranquility 3.0) had the email app removed and I didn't want to find another email app so it didn't last on my X very long.
whew!....man i was at a loss....everything wasnt working on yours....
yeah, im about 99% sure thats why it is not going on yours....
think i titled it fission....doesnt matter though....been awesome encouraging me....:)

kind of a relief....im sitting here going, why is this working so good for me?
whew....:)
---------------------
you really oughta try out fission....you'd like it.
can replace the stock email app off the market.
you HAVE got to follow the install directions exactly though.

man im glad to here your not running fission....was really throwing me for a loop. :)

thats a relief....:D

Upvote 0
I swapped your battery icons in the Fab Apex 10% battery theme I was using, installed fine and worked great. Couldn't do the animated charging one b/c your theme had 5 icons and the Fab theme has 10 so will have to download new icons. But I guess that's how you started. BTW, I'm a web programmer by day so nothing here I can't handle, just wasn't too keen to do it all from scratch.

Wife's memory isn't too good (she was recently dx'd with MS) so she barely noticed that the puzzle she's been doing on my phone was the same one she did earlier today. :D When I restored my backup about 10x today it got clobbered a few times.

Do you need medium voltage? I'm at 1.35 at ULV.

Upvote 0
I swapped your battery icons in the Fab Apex 10% battery theme I was using, installed fine and worked great. Couldn't do the animated charging one b/c your theme had 5 icons and the Fab theme has 10 so will have to download new icons. But I guess that's how you started. BTW, I'm a web programmer by day so nothing here I can't handle, just wasn't too keen to do it all from scratch.

Wife's memory isn't too good (she was recently dx'd with MS) so she barely noticed that the puzzle she's been doing on my phone was the same one she did earlier today. :D When I restored my backup about 10x today it got clobbered a few times.

Do you need medium voltage? I'm at 1.35 at ULV.
hmmmm....you should be able to pull a bunch of blue icons from the nex framework kblue one....see if i can find the link.

k, download this;
nex-framework-res-B.apk

in drawable hdpi (if i remember) there are 21 battery charge icons; 0-20 making 21 total.
if you are aiming to get 10 (maybe 11 if there is a zero one as well) you'll probably have to use every other one.
delete all the nex theme ones and then drag and drop every other one starting with the zero one and doing whatever you have to do to end up with the full 20 one.
then rename them as the ones you deleted were. going in numerical order of the ones you dragged and dropped.

my dad had ms....its hard man....im sorry to hear that.
hopefully it wont be real progressive....:(
i know ive seen what it can do....

had set med. volt to try and push it harder to mess up....

if you post a link to the one your trying to put the icons in i can do it for you but youll have to test it....

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones