• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kaosfroyo not for Verizon?

atl_sud

Apr 26, 2010
I rooted and installed kaosfroyo and now cannot make or receive calls because my mic is not working. Call can be made but the person on the other end does not hear me.

A few other things are that my wifi and verizon data are not working. When I plug the usb I can't mount the SD card.

On the lock screen it says Sprint in the upper right.

Any ideas?

You installed KaosFroyo? I would call your local Sprint branch and see how much of a bill you've run up!

Okay... that was mean. The Sprint branding is meaningless... it's because the ROM you're using is based on a rom for the Sprint HTC Hero. Your mic issues might still be ROM related, though. I would try a few other ROMS. Try CELEB Froyo and xtrROM (or xtrSense). Those have been very reliable for me. It's possible your mic issue is ROM specific, or maybe it's Froyo specific. So I would try both 2.2 and 2.1 ROMS like the ones I listed.

Reactions: atl_sud
Upvote 0
I use KaosFroyo and have zero problems, so it's definitely not a ROM problem. Try reflashing, or as suggested above try another room and see if the issue persists. If so, it's likely some sort of issue with your phone.

Also, did you wipe before you flashed? And what did you flash from? If you were using Apps2SD on a 2.1-based ROM before, you'll have to reformat/unpartition your SD card.

Hopefully you made a Nandroid backup before you flashed Kaos ;)

EDIT: Oh also I'll mention about the SD card mounting... 2.2 takes a bit longer to mount than 2.1 (since it has apps2sd built in, and is using the same single partition), so is it possible that you just didn't wait long enough?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones