1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root KaosFroyo Problem and Phone Charging Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ndsustudent, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    IT Technician
    USA
    I just recently flashed to KaosFroyo and I absolutley love it! But there are two problems that I have with it and I was hoping someone could help me out.

1. The softkey lights stay on but if I rotate the phone vertical they will turn off...kinda strange. I remember reading about it somewhere and a possible fix but I can't remember where.

2. I tried calling *228 to re-program my phone's roaming capabilities and when I call it I get brought to a new activation screen that I never had before with 2.1. But anyways, there is no way to select menu options because there is no keyboard!

3. When ever I plug my phone in to charge and I touch it, icons will start to be highlighted and my screens will move around. I am almost positive that it is a hardware defect but Verizon won't replace it because I forgot to wipe 2.2 off it before I brought it in (stupid..stupid me....voided my warranty! :mad:). But does anyone know of any way to fix it?

Advertisement

2. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Macon, Ga
    for problem #2, press down the menu button and hold, that will bring up the keyboard ;)