• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KaosFroyo V35 is out!

Alright, for example:

You know how you used to scroll through volumes from highest to lowest, then after the lowest it went to silent, then after silent to vibrate mode?

Now it goes from highest, to lowest, to silent, and that's it.

If you want it to vibrate, you go to the sound options, and set it to vibrate only when on silent, and then when you scroll through it goes from highest to lowest, to vibrate, with no silent option...

Am I doing something wrong?

What version are you running? I just flashed v35-1 last night, and I do not have this issue (I also wiped everything before flashing). When I use the volume rockers, it goes from highest to lowest then vibrate. Silent (without vibrate) is not even an option anymore. I thought that was weird, but didn't care cuz who uses that anyway? heh...

Also, the lock screen is different now too (at least compared to the last ROM I was using). I mean it's the same lock screen, except using the volume tab puts the phone into vibrate mode instead of silent mode... and I LOVE that feature. So much better now! Now I don't even have to unlock my phone to put it on vibrate when I go to the movies ;)

Upvote 0
I took the plunge--rooted and installed KaosFroyo v35-1 on Saturday. Forty-eight hours later all is going OK. I was a little worried about battery life. I think it is a little worse, but not terrible.

I'm hoping for no more lag. So far so good on that.

Too bad speed dial doesn't seem to work.
there are a few battery tweaks you can throw on there using setcpu or the collin battery tweak. i use setcpu and get almost 48 hours with average use between charges.

what do you mean by "speed dial?" you mean the htc smart dialer? where you start to type a persons name and it brings them up? dialer one is in the market and does the same thing.

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's good to know about dialer one.

I meant that I cannot assign a dialer keypad number to a person and hold it down to dial them (or at least I cannot find where to do that). By default it is set up to dial voicemail by holding down "1". I'd like to assign the other numbers to frequently called contacts. Thanks for any input you can give.

Upvote 0
I just want to say FROYO!!! Thanks to Kaos for 35-1 and to Captainkrtek at xda for helping me wade through my confusion.
One Click Root plus the KaosFroyo 35-1 (done in spare time at work, that's how easy it is) and I'm up and running!
Titanium Backup (Donate!) saved me a TON of time. I just told it to replace missing apps / data and came back to the phone in a few min. DONE!
Two gripes. The gallery screws with pictures when I rotate to landscape. I can't yet find how to turn of the haptic feedback for everything like on the stock 2.1. I really hate haptic feedback and want to turn it off forever.
Other than that I'm liking it a lot. Did a nand backup of my stock setup so I can go back easily.

Upvote 0
anyone having wifi issues with v35? i dont know what to do

Sorry, but WiFi worked perfectly for me in V35.1

So for V35, is it fine to just flash over, but wipe davik?

I assume the same for V36?

Kaos will tell you whether V36 will need a wipe data. Usually it's not required, but sometimes it is. The typical advice is try it, but if you have problems, go back and wipe data.

Upvote 0
If he's making a lot of changes as it sounds like he is, there's probably going to be a full wipe recommended.

Between LauncherPro backing up my home screens, Titanium Backup taking care of my apps, data, etc, and cyanogenmod taking care of my themes, doing a wipe isn't much of a hassle anymore though
how do you get launcher pro to back up home screens? is that only in the pro plus version?

Upvote 0
I honestly can't remember if it's only in the plus version (which is well worth it anyway imo) but you'd go to preferences and scroll down to the bottom where you seen "backup homescreens & settings".

Then after a wipe, just download launcher pro, and go back to preferences, but this time just hit "restore backup"

It'll restore everything but you're widgets. I usually restore it only after Titanium Backup has gotten all my apps back though, otherwise I just end up with dead shortcuts and have to restore again.

Reactions: rick311
Upvote 0
I honestly can't remember if it's only in the plus version (which is well worth it anyway imo) but you'd go to preferences and scroll down to the bottom where you seen "backup homescreens & settings".

Then after a wipe, just download launcher pro, and go back to preferences, but this time just hit "restore backup"

It'll restore everything but you're widgets. I usually restore it only after Titanium Backup has gotten all my apps back though, otherwise I just end up with dead shortcuts and have to restore again.
wow, you learn something new everyday! thanks.

what about the plus version makes it worth it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones