• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

KB lights and home buttons dont light up

Gotcha. Thx for the quick response! I just tried pushing on off button to put it in sleep then pushed it again to make it come on. Everything lighted up. cool. Weord thing is I had just turnd it on since I just got up. So it was a fresh boot. I wonder how many people experience this?

Mark

Upvote 0
As somoene CORRECTLY mentioned above, sometimes the Keyboard and Home Buttons do not light up after a reboot.

This is a KNOWN ISSUE and the lights can be restored by doing the following:

Settings - Display - Brightness - Turn OFF Automatic Brightness and Manually adjust the brightness level.

This should restore all KB and Home button lights. You can then re-enable the Automatic Brightness setting if you want.

Upvote 0
boy.. after reading these 'fixes' it makes me realize that I am going with an iPhone next. That you have to do this kinda stuff just to get the basic functionality of the phone back-lighting to work? yeesh. Who needs it.

I wouldn't go to iPhone after a few people had problems. I haven't had any problems with my KB and home buttons lighting up. If you are considering iPhone after something small as this, you must not like Android very much. I know if I were to go to an iPhone, I would miss Android right away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones