• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep Facebook Events out of calendar?

I had my Android phone set up at the store to synchronize with Facebook. The trouble is, any even anyone in my Facebook list enters shows up on my phone calendar. My phone is cluttered with other people's events in which I have no interest, to the extent that my ability to see what is on my calendar is impaired. This is true both with the native app and CalendarPad which I downloaded specifically to get around this, and also for events I have declined. Anyone know of a way to keep Facebook events off my Android calendars?

pretty simple. From the Calendar App, go to Menu- More- Settings- Reminder Settings- and click the box for "Hide declined events" I think that should fix it.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Wish it did. I had to un-sync my facebook events because someone put in an event that ran every single day of January 2012, which I declined and also used the "hide the declined events" selection, and it kept showing up when sync-ed. It is definitely I bug. :(

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. Declined Facebook events show up in Calendar even though HIDE DECLINED EVENTS is checked. I have repeatedly removed and re-added my Facebook account to my phone's accounts. I see no way to actually delete/remove an event from Facebook. That used to be a Facebook event option but does not appear so anymore.

Accepted/maybe Facebook events should appear in phone calendar but not declined events. This sure seems like a coding bug on the phone's OS. Samsung-SGH-I727; Android v2.3.5; Build# GINGERBREAD.UCKJ2

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I finally registered for these forums because of this annoying problem!

A friend invited me to this event that runs for 3 months. So every day I see the little mark indicating there's something to do that day.

I've tried the following:
Declining the event
Scouring the FB and FB Mobile and FB App Event page for any way to remove the event
Un-syncing the FB calendar
Deleting the local calendar data
Checking "Hide Declined Events" in the Calendar app settings

And when I re-sync, the event shows up every time.

Has there been any progress on this? Is there an official bug submitted that I can comment on?

Thx, and good luck...!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones