1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Keep getting Force Close when I start up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by busy4seconds, Jan 1, 2013.

1. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    I recently put a new rom on my optimus v. I used CM7. After loading all my apps, I continue to get a ton of "force close" warnings, even know I have tons of internal memory left.... Does anyone know why? Ive tried a restore and wipe, but no good... Iv also noticed that the fewer the apps i have on my phone then I dont get any force close... But whats the use of having tons of memory if you cant use it?? Also, now that I can overcloak, does anyone know what the best settings are? Thanks

Advertisement

2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    For your force close issues try this :
    Go to your app drawer click on terminal emulator :
    Type in:
    su
    fix _ permissions
    let it run, it should take less than a minute.

For overclocking, i would wait until you have no more force closing issues because overclocking can cause force closing.

When you are ready to overclock use the interactive x governor and set the min. at 480 and the max. at 768

All phones are different, i have my max set at 806 with no problems, although battery drain is a problem.

If you just flashed cm7 it usually takes a few days for your phone to get used to it, then everything should start running smoother.

busy4seconds likes this.
  3. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you, the fix permissions seemed to have fixed the problem, many thanks.

badblue1 likes this.
  4. badblue1

None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    I forgot to tell you, after you set your overclock settings don't forget to check the set on boot box.

5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    BUT WAIT TO SET IT UNTIL AFTER YOU ARE DONE DETERMINING WHAT THE BEST SETTING IS.
    The reason for this is if it's set to high and you already have the "set at boot" box checked, then when it auto reboots because it's clocked to high you will have to wipe and re-install ROM to straighten it back out.

badblue1 likes this.
  6. badblue1

None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    Thanks Andy ... forgot that too!

Too much new years Eve!!! = BRAIN FART. -_-

7. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    You implied it. I was just making it as clear as possible.
    To the OP: The best way to determine the best setting is first to set the min at 480MHz and never alter it. Then start with the Max at 748MHz and move up one setting at a time, opening up the Gallery and go thru some of it's options. If no freeze or auto reboot then move to the next highest setting. Do this until the phone freezes or auto reboots.
    Then move max setting down two settings. This is where your phone can safely be overclocked to.

Note: The min is where the phone idles. To high of a min and the CPU is constantly working, to low and it has to work to hard to ramp up to the Max setting. This all leads to more heat and more battery drain. 480MHz has been proven to be the best setting for anything over 700MHz. With 768MHz being the best Max setting for battery life ( might vary by one setting either way depending on the quality of each individual phone's processor or the kernel the ROM is using.).

badblue1 likes this.
  8. Earthnfire78

Earthnfire78 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2012
    Looking
    Just a little request, try not recommending a CPU Governor and or settings unless you know what kernel the uses has installed.

badblue1 and AndyOpie150 like this.
  9. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Very true indeed.

10. badblue1

None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    How about i just don't post at all anymore.

Will that make everyone happy?

11. Earthnfire78

None

Feb 8, 2012
    Looking
    Don't take that way, it was not personal in anyway. Was just pointing out that there are many kernels that are use by default in Custom ROM'S and each kernel is different so settings for one may not work for another.

Case in point the Conservative and IntellDemand Governors I use in OM-Mandylion kernel come from Linux kernel 3.0.8. And as fare as I know BobzHome's kernel is the only IHO kernel that still use the Interactive X and both SmartAss governors.

12. badblue1

None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    @Earthnfire : AndyOpie150 ... my comments weren't directed to neither of you, i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't try to help anymore, every time i post to help someone, someone always posts to correct what i have said.

I'll just leave the helping to people more qualified than i, like both of you and the guides, because i would feel terrible if i led someone to brick their phone. I just thought i would try and help where i thought i could because of the lack of support in this forum. I don't mean really lack of support, i know you guys are very busy! It just seems like there are not enough guides to help with answering questions or problems in a timely fashion like there used to be. Please don't take any offense to my comments and i'm sorry.

Please keep up the great work that both of you do here and have my utmost respect for both of you!

You devs deserve more respect than you get!

13. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    You got to learn somehow. You need to read some of my posts from back in May-August 2011, I made a lot of mistakes. I really like to give back, so I read every new post from every thread in both V forums from then on. It's amazing how much you can learn just from doing that.
    Everything I know is based on personal experience and reading all new posts from every thread. Back last year and on into middle of this year, that was a lot of reading.
    I put Links to important threads or posts into " Note Everything" so I could help others quicker ( still have those that are relevant) .

badblue1 likes this.
  14. Earthnfire78

None

Feb 8, 2012
    Looking
    You should see my posts a year ago on Android Central I was a newbie in every since. Even read through the first 2 or 3 pages of my main OM-Mandylion ROM on Android Central and you well see just how new I was at ROM development.

Besides your idea of running fix_permissions did help the OP, so keep that in mind okay badblue1 :)

badblue1 likes this.
Tags: