1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keep getting 'Samsung account session expired, please input password'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sportster, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast

About once every month or so, Samsung 'insists' I reinput my password for their account and it is extremely annoying! I should not have to 'reinput' a password every month or so and then be annoyed to death with it! It'll pop up anywhere and everywhere with 'please input password, session expired.' I'll cancel, a few mins later, same crap. ANY way to stop this bs?? I'm reeeeally tired of it and no, I'm not going to keep inputting a password! Ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lafinsd

lafinsd Lurker

I have seen other solutions to this problem that suggest killing the sync thread and restarting the phone. This did not work for me. The sync thread had already failed and there was nothing to kill.

What DID work for me is the following. On my laptop I went to the Samsung site where my account exists (I'm a new user and can't yet post links on this Forum). Upon arriving there I found new terms to which I had to agree. After doing so I was allowed to log into my account. After some fumbling around with the password and getting a new one (I couldn't log in at first) I was able to log in. Once having successfully logged in on the Web site, when encountering the 'Session Expired' notification on from the phone I logged in as asked. Since then all is well.

TL;DR Log into your Samsung account on the Web...make sure you are current there, then log in from the phone.

3. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast

I figured out another fix. I'm rooted and using Titanium Backup I found the Samsung Account under backup and just froze the sucker. Haven't had a issue since.....

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews