1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

keep id contact pictures seperate from otehre pics

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kit600ana, Mar 9, 2010.

1. kit600ana

kit600ana Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2010
    I have noticed whether i take a picture myself or i download one, they all are kept in the gallery. I want to keep my photos better organized. I have read about making folders etc.... am i able to do this to keep different types of photos organized...... i would also like to do this with my wallpapers too.

thanks.

Advertisement

2. swampgeek

swampgeek Newbie
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    You can do this a couple ways,

Tethered: Tether and mount to a computer, access the SD card and you can add and arrange pictures into folders that will be automatically recognized by gallery.

On the phone: Get a file manager from the market ( Astro is a good option ). It is the same as above, create folders on your SD card move whatever pictures you want into whatever folders.

One downside I have seen is it dynamically populates folders such as ALL Images with both your camera images and other folders.

Also if you have pictures that you wouldnt want your co-workers or mother to see you can add a period in front of the folder name, that way it is only found in your file manager and not by gallery.

3. icstars989

icstars989 Android Enthusiast
    None

You just add "." in front of any folder you want using astro or any other file manager and that keeps them from being added to gallery. Or add a ".nomedia" file to any of the folders, that works as well.

4. kit600ana

kit600ana Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2010
    Hey thanks for the info. Works perfectly.