1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support keep Medial Player Control on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by talon31304, Nov 23, 2016.

1. talon31304

talon31304 New Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Male
    I have a Moto X running Marshmallow. Ever since it upgraded a year or so back, bluetooth music has been almost useless. Now that the media control are a just a notification on the lock screen, I have to unlock the phone to play music almost every time I get in the car. For a long trip, I don't mind messing with the phone, but for short trips it is a pain. The point of Bluetooth is to be hands-free, yet now I end up messing with the phone while driving just to get the damn music going again. I am not positive, but I think the issue is that my car's play button will not function unless the media control are present on the phone's lock screen. I have never noticed the play button in the car not working when the notification controls are present. I always leave the Google's "Play Music" app open in the background, but it makes no difference.
    Is there a way to keep that notification active all the time, or another app that will actually do the trick? I did try IFFT to get Google to open automatically when I connect to bluetooth, and that sort of worked- except the stupid app opens Google Play, and tries to play crap off the internet instead of my previously selected list from my local music.
    All I am looking for is a way to have the phone ready to play music as soon as I connect to my car's bluetooth without fussing with it.

Advertisement