1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Keep my child safe

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jasiff, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jasiff

jasiff Lurker
    None

One day my neighbor told me that teens like to share send nude or semi-nude pictures by their cell phones. I worry about my boy would do the same thing so I am considering to install a SMS spy or iPhone spy to monitor him, but I don’t know if it is useful or not. does anyone use some mobile spy software before? By the way ,my son is using htc g7 with android system.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you shouldn't be spying on your kids. Using an app to spy on your kids is NOT a substitution for parenting. If you suspect your child is doing something wrong, TALK WITH THEM ABOUT IT.

vosg likes this.
  3. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2009
    Every situation is different. Its hard to be a good parent when the law forbids you to punish your own kids. Remember your on a kids board. Most here are young. Do what you have too. Thank god he a boy. The girls are out of control...

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I know this is off topic. You do have control of the situation as a parent. What we do with our two teenagers, is they can only text and make phone calls. (They don't have internet accessibility.) They can't even send pictures or attachments by text.) We have parental controls on their phones thru AT&T, which we control when they can make phone calls, can block calls, limit the number of text messages and can even see who they are communicating with and vise versa.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I somehow doubt most people on this board are kids. I certainly am not and I don't think many I talk to on here are. In fact, I come here because the board seems to have a lot of adults on it and I can actually have intelligent adult conversations on here without kids butting in.

Anyway, if the OP is concerned I would simply disable texting on the phone or talk to your provider to see if they have an option to archive all texts on a web site you can access. And definitely talk to the kid as well.

6. vosg

vosg Android Expert
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    What OP wants to do, is illegal in my country. Illegal, as in 'jail'.

7. teh_swab

teh_swab Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Atleast the OP only has to worry about 1 dick. Just think if you had a girl, OP, you'd have to worry about ALL of them. Just let him get some :imo:

8. vosg

vosg Android Expert
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE