• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep or Swap Out? (my last day to decide)

Mr. Glass

Jun 26, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Today is my 14th day with the Droid Charge, and I have been having a few force close issues, but I've come to expect that with Android. Aside from that, my experience has been mostly positive.

Yesterday, however, whenever I'd try to recharge with my (Verizon branded) car charger while simultaneously using Google Navigation, I would get an error stating something along the lines of:

Charging Paused, Battery is too hot or too cold.

The phone did feel unusually warm. I did not have 4G turned on, nor was I doing anything out of the ordinary.

Should I swap it out?

-Glass

"...or too cold"
That's odd. From my understanding, lithium ion batteries favor the cold. In fact I have my, yet to be needed, extended battery in the fridge.
I also have one of my AC vents pointed towards my phone while in the windsheild mount.
I only had a semi restart thing happen once. It went to the opening Droid animation for a minute and then back to my lock screen...nothing unlike my last phone which performed like a true major leaguer.
This phone is friggin awesome! Unless it completely craps out on me, I have no problem sticking with it for at least the duration of my 2 year contract. I see no need for a dual core for all that I do. I also like Samsung. So unless you find another manufacturer's setup better for you and the phone isn't pulling off some truly defective actions I would see no reason for anyone to switch.

Upvote 0
"...or too cold"
That's odd. From my understanding, lithium ion batteries favor the cold. In fact I have my, yet to be needed, extended battery in the fridge.
I also have one of my AC vents pointed towards my phone while in the windsheild mount.
I only had a semi restart thing happen once. It went to the opening Droid animation for a minute and then back to my lock screen...nothing unlike my last phone which performed like a true major leaguer.
This phone is friggin awesome! Unless it completely craps out on me, I have no problem sticking with it for at least the duration of my 2 year contract. I see no need for a dual core for all that I do. I also like Samsung. So unless you find another manufacturer's setup better for you and the phone isn't pulling off some truly defective actions I would see no reason for anyone to switch.

Thank you for your reply.

With these errors, should I swap out for a new Droid Charge before my return period is up?

Upvote 0
I have only had mine for a couple days so it is hard to say. It is a bit slower in the general operation, but the 4g is really what I wanted. I notice it when I turn it on and when I open some of the settings there can be a lag. The LG was rocket fast but I think you pay for that in battery life. The TB and LG Revo are really battery hogs. The woman who sold me the Charge could not say enough good thinkgs about her TB. She said she loves it and only has to charge it a couple times a day :( Anyway I don't really know of a Verizon 4g phone that is any better.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply.

With these errors, should I swap out for a new Droid Charge before my return period is up?
To save you some time, call Verizon tech support and report the problems and tell them that it has been keeping you from enjoying the phone and that you'd like to swap for new one. Make sure they notate that tech support said it's ok for a corp store to do a swap and make sure it's brand new and not a returned or refurbed one.

Upvote 0
Glass, I switched from Droid Charge, went to LG Revo, and now I am back to stay with the Samsung. I believe that it is the best of the three LTE phones currently offered. But that is and will be debatable by this Android Forum... So that said, i would get another Charge, see how it works out for a week, and make the call then. If LTE is what you want, then I would roll with the LG Revo second... If that does not do it for you, go back to your old phone and wait for the next magic product to drop from the sky, I would hope more for a LTE Samsung Galaxy S II than a Moto Bionic. The specs on that phone is beastly!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones