• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep phone awake

AlphT

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
I'm using an intervalometer app for time-lapse and if the phone is allowed to sleep the app stops which is frustrating. I have looked at several apps like KeepScreen but given that all reviews are several years old am unsure if the apps are still functional. Any ideas/suggestions as to how I can still having to touch the screen to keep it awake?

Hi, welcome to Android Forums.

If you can't find an app there is an option to keep the screen on while charging in 'Developer options'.

Screenshot_20171018-074421.png

By using an external battery pack you could keep the device charging when away from a fixed source.

Possibly slightly inconvenient but workable.

'Developer Options' is normally hidden and to enable it on my HTC M9 I go into Settings - About - Software Information - More and tap repeatedly on 'Build Number' until a 'pop-up' says it is enabled. It should be the same or similar on your device.

Screenshot_20171018-075610.png Screenshot_20171018-075627.png Screenshot_20171018-075641.png Screenshot_20171018-075656.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to Android Forums.

If you can't find an app there is an option to keep the screen on while charging in 'Developer options'.

View attachment 124669

By using an external battery pack you could keep the device charging when away from a mains power source.

Possibly slightly inconvenient but workable.

'Developer Options' is normally hidden and to enable it on my HTC M9 I go into Settings - About - Software Information - More and tap repeatedly on 'Build Number' until a 'pop-up' says it is enabled. It should be the same or similar on your device.

Thanks, a definite possibility, especially if one can't find an app that works, tried KeepScreen and it doesn't seem to on my phone. Will keep looking though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones