• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep receiving late texts/same texts twice

I'm not that technically savvy when comes to SMS technology, but I can hardly imagine this being a problem on Android's end. It sounds to me like telco's problem. Could also be related to your connection. When SMS can't reach you, telco has an automated re-send feature, which keep sending the message till it finally reach you. This auto loop last for up to 24 hours, after which the interval become longer. At least that's how it works here (telcos in Malaysia). If the phone is in and out of connection, you might end up getting multiple copies of the same message.

I would suggest getting in touch with your provider, they might need to reset your account and the fact that it happens along your update, could simply be coincidental.

Upvote 0
My boyfriend had this same issue on the Galaxy Nexus, but it would only happen when he was at the Chicago O'Hare Airport and at the San Francisco Airport. His texts would just come in one right after the other, same text about 15 to 20 times. He would have to reboot the phone to make it stop on my end.

In a nutshell when I researched this, it turned out to be the cell towers and how strong the connection was to them. If you have a sliver of a connection you can get those text bombs.

This was on his end, not mine. One would figure that T-Mobile would want to ensure their clients at the airports would have a decent connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones