• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep the Incredible or wait on Moto Shadow and Droid 2?

Gorilla*

Mar 14, 2010
Tallahassee,FL
Very very tough choice for me... I like my Incredible but it seems every few months the hardware is being eclipsed... the shadow should be an Incredible with a bigger screen and the droid 2 will retain the slide out qwerty....

I think Im gonna dump my incredible and then wait to see what MOTO has up its sleeve for summer and fall.

Thoughts?

Why don't you try clicking on that link to see my point.

My point was to show you that no matter how long you wait, something better will always be just around the corner. You will never have a good phone if you keep waiting for one that is better. If you like the Incredible, keep it. If it is missing something that totally devastates your ability to enjoy the phone, turn it back in and wait for/get the phone you want.

Upvote 0
yeah too bad that shadow isn't better though its like a Motorola mini evo it has a newer version of the droid processor which is clocked at around 700 Droid 2 might be worth waiting for though I won't lie id return it but I rather not go through that whole process just for a phone.. rather wait till next yr can you guys imagine what will be out by then?!

Upvote 0
I just want a 1ghz phone with vanilla Android on Verizons network. I would prefer an HTC phone but I hate the lock on Android that HTC puts on when they overlay Sense. Once they put Sense on it they can modify the kernel to minimize the useful exploits for us to gain root.

Install Launcher2 from Cyanogen's 5.07 N1 rom and it will allow you to choose that over htc sense then you have plain 2.1 look with the 3d app drawer. That's what I'm running.

Upvote 0
yeah too bad that shadow isn't better though its like a Motorola mini evo it has a newer version of the droid processor which is clocked at around 700 Droid 2 might be worth waiting for though I won't lie id return it but I rather not go through that whole process just for a phone.. rather wait till next yr can you guys imagine what will be out by then?!

You need to learn to punctuate.

For some reason, I don't trust Motorola's QC. Their phones feel cheap, too.

Upvote 0
Very very tough choice for me... I like my Incredible but it seems every few months the hardware is being eclipsed... the shadow should be an Incredible with a bigger screen and the droid 2 will retain the slide out qwerty....

I think Im gonna dump my incredible and then wait to see what MOTO has up its sleeve for summer and fall.

Thoughts?

I think you should return it. Obviously something bothers you about the Inc you have started multiple threads regarding selling/returning it.

Upvote 0
You the primary line on a 2 year contract? Two words: Annual Upgrade. No point in picking up anything else in the next few months as it'll only push the 12 months further out. By this time next year, Verizon will have a couple good Android options with their 4G network. If you get the Shadow or Droid 2 at the end of the summer or in the fall, they'll most likely be 3G and you'll be stuck until the following fall while 3-4 months after you get it, your friends will be rocking 4G phones. IMO, the Incredible won't be bested much by any other Verizon phone for the rest of the year and I'd rather not delay my upgrade availability. The only thing that'll trump this phone is a 4G capable phone. By then I'm thinking something along the lines of the EVO, only super AMOLED (and hopefully true resolution), will probably be available with Verizon.

Reactions: Gorilla*
Upvote 0
I just want a 1ghz phone with vanilla Android on Verizons network. I would prefer an HTC phone but I hate the lock on Android that HTC puts on when they overlay Sense. Once they put Sense on it they can modify the kernel to minimize the useful exploits for us to gain root.

The peculiar thing about the Incredible over other HTC Android phones is the 'with Google' branding on the back. This leads me to suspect that the kernel is untouched and Sense is the only addition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones