• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep your Desire, or get iPhone??

Desire/Android or iPhone

• Desire/Android

Votes: 211 97.7%
  • iPhone

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
I have just come from Iphone 3g and have to say that i love my HTC Desire! And looking back now i would say that the iphone is a lot more game orientated than the Desire (or Android).

I like how open my Desire is in terms of customisation, I actually got really bored of my iphone because it just so locked up! Yes the ipod side of the iphone is awesome and i dont think any other mp3 player can touch it but with isync at least i can still use itunes :)

Upvote 0
You got to admit that itunes is a very polished, neat way of organising and transfering your music?

Only if you don't mind things like dram etc, i prefer the idea of copying your music from your cd straight to the sd card.
also being able to choose what compression format i use as well
You can also record music from a radio source straight to an sd card via a pc.

Upvote 0
iTunes is actually a great way to organise media on a mobile device, in my opinion. I have an iPod Classic 160gb because I have over 120gb of audio and nothing comes close to the iPod's storage capacity and ease of use.

That's the biggest thing I would like for my Desire - an Android PC application that makes loading, organising and syncing media as easy as iTunes.

Upvote 0
iTunes is actually a great way to organise media on a mobile device, in my opinion. I have an iPod Classic 160gb because I have over 120gb of audio and nothing comes close to the iPod's storage capacity and ease of use.

That's the biggest thing I would like for my Desire - an Android PC application that makes loading, organising and syncing media as easy as iTunes.

What possible use could anyone have for 120gb of music? Is it even possible to LIKE enough different music to make up 120gb of audio files? :eek:

Upvote 0

I use foobar to load music onto my Ipod,really don't see the need to clogg up my pc with an player that is 90mb just to download.

Plus the fact I can browse my music via folder structure is a godsend.

Upvote 0
I would like both.
Android (Desire) for everything.
Iphone as an extension for games :)

Love a lot of games on Iphone that aren't available for android (yet).

But that's the only reason why I would have an iphone really... =D

Y'know what would be awesome, an iPhone-like device that doesn't have phone features... I reckon they'd sell millions if they had a kind of iPod with a 3.5" touch screen ;P

I prefer Android, so I bought a Desire \o/

Upvote 0
id never get an iphone4 even if you paid me.

This is the kind of comment that makes you look ignorant.

The iPhone is still one of the best smartphones out there and is probably the reason we have the Desire in the first place... Apple came up with the iPhone then everybody followed with the touchscreen phones with the sensors.

My main gripe about the iPhone is that after a couple of months it gets very boring because you can't customise it enough!

Upvote 0
Y'know what would be awesome, an iPhone-like device that doesn't have phone features... I reckon they'd sell millions if they had a kind of iPod with a 3.5" touch screen ;P

I prefer Android, so I bought a Desire \o/

LOL, my sentiments exactly. I had a 3GS and sold it to get a Desire. Way too many things it could not do which annoyed me, and IOS4 was nowhere near enough of a leap to make me hang on to it. Bluetooth file transfer, proper picture gallery, proper maps app, GPS that works (iPhone 3GS was terrible at this - could get no better than 50m accuracy so had to buy a TomTom cradle at

Upvote 0
What possible use could anyone have for 120gb of music? Is it even possible to LIKE enough different music to make up 120gb of audio files? :eek:

I put all my CD's on my PC (external drive) so I could box 'em up. There's far too many to have in CD storage racks, last count was around 4000 CD's and CD singles collected over 20-ish years. Plus, I have several gigs of podcasts and audiobooks too. I take my music everywhere - at home, in the car, and on a dock at work.

As soon as there's an Android phone with 120+ gigs of SSD storage then I can ditch the iPod ;)

Upvote 0
I would not get an Apple product because of itunes. I like to drag and drop and organise by folders. To avoid Apple for music I replaced my river with an archos which has downside but it has a 5" touchscreen , 250gig HD, WiFi, plays great video, functions as a video recorder etc. My desire beats the iPhone hands down as a phone for the reasons others have posted. I even got my iPhone loving partner to agree last week. I wouldn't touch an iPhone.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't have an iPhone, they're too restrictive in terms of what you can do with them, and I hate iTunes. I already have all my mp3s properly tagged and organised by folder, it's so easy to just connect my Desire to any computer with a USB port and drag and drop music to and from it.

I don't get the iTunes hatred. In iTunes you don't have to organize the music. It organizes it automatically, especially if music is tagged. For further organization (like folders in your case), you use playlists. This offers so much more than plain folder structure.

Then, if I need music on my desire, I select music in iTunes and I drag/drop onto a mounted (usb harddisk mode) desire. That's it. It's as easy as it gets. I don't need any iTunes sync or such...

Upvote 0
This is my 2nd android phone...used to have the hero but i lost it & i was puzzled as to what to get next...IPHONE never came to mind at all, i think it so expensive & all those damn icons yukkk, although the phone is very hi-tech i give it that but i knew i wanted another android phone. The desire is the shittttttttttt, even better then the hero, truly love android and how i can customize my phone the way i want it. Hopefuly games will get better in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones