• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keeping App data from one ROM to the next?

I currently have a Sense ROM installed on my Inc2, but I want to give MIUI a shot. I flashed MIUI a couple days ago but lost most of my app data including 3G Watchdog Pro. I backed up my apps and data with Titanium Backup and reinstalled all apps and data using it as well ... still, no data. Does anyone know how to keep the app data when going from one ROM to another?

I currently have a Sense ROM installed on my Inc2, but I want to give MIUI a shot. I flashed MIUI a couple days ago but lost most of my app data including 3G Watchdog Pro. I backed up my apps and data with Titanium Backup and reinstalled all apps and data using it as well ... still, no data. Does anyone know how to keep the app data when going from one ROM to another?
dont, even if you find a way dont do it your ROM will be full of force closes. if its only a couple of apps you need data on, do it one by one cause sometimes it works. TiB will work with that

Reactions: thetomlin2
Upvote 0
dont, even if you find a way dont do it your ROM will be full of force closes. if its only a couple of apps you need data on, do it one by one cause sometimes it works. TiB will work with that

Yeah, thats what I used and it didnt work. I am mainly trying to keep my data from 3G Watchdog Pro ... I sent them an email, see if they respond

Upvote 0
Restoring app+data from a different rom has been warned against in other threads and forums. I used to do it, but always ended up with problems. Ever since I stopped I have had many fewer problems with roms. I wish I could blame Titanium, but i think it's just one of those things. Maybe due to how individual roms are structured.

Reactions: thetomlin2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones