1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keeping APP's

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Deleted User, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I searched for this in the forum but could not find anything.

I have a Droid, if I upgrade my phone to say a Droid 2 global, will I need to repay for APP's that I have all ready bought and paid for?? What if I switch from Verizon to another network?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. xSithxSaviorx

xSithxSaviorx Well-Known Member

Idk, but I think that when u buy them it syncs n saves it to ur gmail accnt, check it n see if it says uve bought any apps, if nothin else contact the developers

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

Eww....that would suck if you had to buy all your app's again. Screw that. I hope it tagged through your google account and not your phone.

4. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

I first came to Android under my Samsung Moment. I downloaded LOTS of apps. Recently I got the HTC Evo 4G and transferred all the apps over via "AppSaver".

This app saves your apps to your sd card and then allows installation to another phone via a file viewer. If you sign in to your new phone with the old Gmail account you had before, it will recognize these apps you "purchased" from the Market and have a green check behind them when you try to download them.

What you do is download the "AppSaver" app. Open it, allow it to save all of your apps. Usually select "all save" and then let your phone sit for about 10-15 mins, then pick it up and when you move it to the next phone. Download an app called "ES File..." (can't remember the rest of the name) and search your sd card for the "AppSaver" file. Open it and select any of the apps you want to upload to the new phone and they will install via there. It will be a while before you can get updates for these apps, so be patient.

If you try to install these on another phone that does not have the original Gmail account, it will allow install but no updates will be allowed to be downloaded for the app.

Honestly, I've never actually bought any app with money so I'm only 99.9% sure it works for those. But I have noticed the green mark and checked it and it appears only on apps that I downloaded myself. I got paid apps from friends and those ones do NOT have a green check behind them, meaning that I cannot update them via Market.

5. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

What are the steps to back up apps using Astro?

EDIT: never mind, I just played around and found the backup in "tools".