• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keeping emails on server

yellowcake

Sep 6, 2011
Hi

Got a Samsung Galaxy S2 last week and am well pleased with it, however I have one problem with emails that I really do need to solve. It's a deal breaker for me.

I have a number of email accounts set up, but for my one at work which uses ActiveSync to sync emails with Exchange on our server I cannot delete emails on the phone without deleting them on the server too. On my Blackberry that I had previously I had the option to delete on the phone only and leave the email in question intact on the server.

I really need this functionality so am at a bit of a loss here. Before anyone tells me to untick the box that says delete from server - I don't have such a box anywhere on my set up.

If the default email programme on the S2 can't do this then I'll have to source another programme. Happy to pay for it providing it does what I want. I've tried K9 and that has the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
YC

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones