1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keeping Game Data When Flashing New ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ndh777, Aug 29, 2011.

1. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

I'm planning on going to a different ROM but I'm a game addict. I have all these game saves from angry birds, gun bros, bt gangsta, end many more and have gotten far but don't want to have to start all over again once in the new ROM. What can I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Back them up using Titanium Backup, when you restore them it will also restore the data. If for some reason it does not restore the data restore the nandroid you make before flashing the ROM and back them up using TB again.

ndh777 likes this.
  3. d3simet

d3simet Newbie

I highly recommend Titanium Backup. It allows you to save games and data (I mean everything). When u restore the app, the saves will be there.

ndh777 likes this.
  4. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

Thank you! I had a feeling my answer would end up with TB lol.

Can I use the basic version of it or does it have to be the pro version of TB? I've honestly never downloaded the app and used it.

5. iMethod

iMethod Member

Basic should be fine but its a hella tedious job because basic makes you click install to each and every app that you choose to install, also make sure you backup all user apps and system data BUT when restoring only restore app + app data never restore system data ( assuming your flashing a new rom)

ocnbrze and ndh777 like this.
  6. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

Good to know, thanks! I backed up one game just to see how it would be. I'll back the rest up tomorrow and flash my new ROM then.

I'm moving from CM7 back to MIUI. No particular reason, just wanted a change again but wanted to keep my old app data.

I got this App2SD Pro from the Amazon App Store when it was free and it installs apps to my SD card for me. Is that like the same thing? Say, if I have to restore the system data of the OS, my app data will be there because it was saved to the SD card? Or is saving to the SD card through that app only for temporary files, etc.? To my knowledge, it is the same as going into Settings>Apps>Management and clicking "Move to SD" or "Move to Phone"

7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

No app2sd only moves part of the app to your SD to save internal memory. Use titanium, its the best for what you want to accomplish.

ndh777 and ocnbrze like this.
  8. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

I am also wondering about if I can save text messages using Titanium. And if possible, when I get to another ROM, I'd be able to continue those text conversations from where I left off in my last ROM.

For example: I am texting someone in CM7. Our texts are 30 texts in the single conversation thread. Then when I move to Fresh, I take those texts and they are automatically added to the new texting app and I am able to continue talking to this person from where we left off on our last of the 30 texts.

9. sha4000

sha4000 Well-Known Member

Just use sms restore there is a link to it in the rooting guide. It will save the texts to your sd and when you flash the new rom restore your sms restore app and from there you can restore yout texts.

Heres the link
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result

ndh777 likes this.
  10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

I use go sms pro and it backs up your text to the card. you can just restore it after flashing.

ndh777 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews