• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keeping Google account on different phone?

mcchriswood

Mar 3, 2010
Basically guys I'm giving the mrs the desire I have on virgin that has 6 months left to run. She's getting her current pac code from o2 to keep her number. I'm getting a defy for work on Vodafone. Can I get rid of my Google account on the desire and bring it onto the defy? If so how? Because all my contacts are saved to goiglemail. Also can i keep all my apps ive paid for somehow? Thanks

If you factory reset the phone, it removes all data and settings.

When you log into the new phone with the same account, contacts, calendars and market apps (Paid for) should be listed in the market.

If not, make a note of your paid apps first and then just redownload them as the payment is associated with your google account, even if the market doesnt list them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones