• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keeps asking for default launcher app?

patch321

Jun 8, 2010
is anybody else having this problem? i am using the paid version of ADW launcher. at random times whenever i hit the home button and exit out of a menu, an app, or anything really, i will get asked which launcher i want to use. i ALWAYS hit "set as default" and then ADW. i haven't noticed any kind of pattern as far as it only happening with certain apps or in certain situations. seems completely random.

any help is greatly appreciated!!!:D

is anybody else having this problem? i am using the paid version of ADW launcher. at random times whenever i hit the home button and exit out of a menu, an app, or anything really, i will get asked which launcher i want to use. i ALWAYS hit "set as default" and then ADW. i haven't noticed any kind of pattern as far as it only happening with certain apps or in certain situations. seems completely random.

any help is greatly appreciated!!!:D

Just started using spb shell and I am having same issue.

Upvote 0
so should i assume that nobody else is having this problem and it's just me, someone else is having this problem and doesn't know what to do about it, or that someone is having this problem, knows how to fix it, but refuses to help? lol

tl;dr bump.

I have run into this issue on gingerbread with a number of launchers.

I have yet to find a fix. I did install an app called default app manager and it seems to help.

If you are rooted, you can freeze the stock launcher and the problem is immediately fixed ;)

Upvote 0
so should i assume that nobody else is having this problem and it's just me, someone else is having this problem and doesn't know what to do about it, or that someone is having this problem, knows how to fix it, but refuses to help? lol

tl;dr bump.

As I said having same issue have no idea unfortunately how to fix just wanted you to know you weren't alone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones