1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

keeps asking for default launcher app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patch321, Dec 19, 2011.

1. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

is anybody else having this problem? i am using the paid version of ADW launcher. at random times whenever i hit the home button and exit out of a menu, an app, or anything really, i will get asked which launcher i want to use. i ALWAYS hit "set as default" and then ADW. i haven't noticed any kind of pattern as far as it only happening with certain apps or in certain situations. seems completely random.

any help is greatly appreciated!!!:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Iamdunne

Iamdunne Member

Just started using spb shell and I am having same issue.

3. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

so should i assume that nobody else is having this problem and it's just me, someone else is having this problem and doesn't know what to do about it, or that someone is having this problem, knows how to fix it, but refuses to help? lol

tl;dr bump.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

I have run into this issue on gingerbread with a number of launchers.

I have yet to find a fix. I did install an app called default app manager and it seems to help.

If you are rooted, you can freeze the stock launcher and the problem is immediately fixed ;)

5. Iamdunne

Iamdunne Member

As I said having same issue have no idea unfortunately how to fix just wanted you to know you weren't alone.

6. a320ca

a320ca Newbie

Running ZEAM Launcher here and have never seen this problem. Have you tried an app called "Home Switcher?" It allows you to set your default Home Launcher.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews