1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Keeps flashing LG sign?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by georgettee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. georgettee

georgettee Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    About a month ago I got a new Optimus V and after a week of having it, I went to go charge it because it died and It just kept flashing the LG sign. I left it charging for a few hours, came back and still all it did was flash the LG sign. I then left it charging all weekend, and same thing. I took it to the Sprint store where I bought it from and they tried charging it and replacing the battery and it still did the same thing. I then tried making a claim for it since I had insurance, and apparently they cover everything except defects. So I then sent it to the manufacturer and about 3 weeks later I got it back and they said they fixed i, but when I went to go charge it, IT DID THE SAME THING. I'm more than pissed and I'm sick of having no phone. Any suggestions on how I maybe can fix this myself because if I have to buy a new phone thats over 100$ down the drain plus the 40$ I paid for the month and he useless insurance.

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Welcome to the forums. :)

What have you replaced or ruled out as being defective by using a known working part?

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, georgettee. :)

That's quite a story, quite an ordeal, especially after having the issue unresolved from the store reps and the manufacturer.

I'm wondering if any of those folks took the trouble to check the charging port and cable. Both of those portions of the charging circuit are subject to damage. The easiest to remedy would of course be the charging cable itself, but I suspect the port as well (by "port" I am referring to the portion of the device where the charging cable is plugged in for charging and transferring files via USB).

If it's the port, an exchange would probably be recommended. I'd suggest going back to the store and asking them to check the cable and charging port.

Good luck with that. ;)

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. freeups

freeups Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Deleting Post as not relevant. I thought a custom rom had been uploaded to it.

5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    If you want one of your own posts deleted, hit the Report button and ask. One of the mods will delete it for ya.

6. taco bob

taco bob Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2012
    I want to bump this thread since I'm having the same problem. I've been without a phone for a month now.. It just blinks the LG sign and is unresponsive. I can get "Battery Required" to come up on the screen if i plug it up to USB without the battery.

"Hard Reset" does not work, after trying 50 times, I am positive that I'm not doing it wrong. I've tried every combination of buttons I can think of.

7. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Are you completely stock?

8. sanfroid

sanfroid Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    Same problem. Completely stock. I'm assuming the battery drained, but it's not recovering with a charge. Tried lots of battery removal and button combos. Any ideas? Thanks

9. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Try going into the stock recovery and then plugging in the charger. To get into the stock recovery: Pull battery. Hold power button for 30 sec to clear the phone. Hold home + volume down button, then power button (All at the same time) until you see your android recovery screen. Then plug phone into charger for 30min. Unplug charger, then select reboot system. Once rebooted finish charging.

10. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Personally, I would call Virgin Mobile, chances are they will send you a new battery.

11. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    If the soft reset doesn't work then it could be the battery MacFett, or the cable, or the wall socket end?

12. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    It could be the USB, have you tried an alternate cable or plug?

13. XXB13

XXB13 Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Hi there is a problem with the phone LG had problems with LG Optimus phones I got the same problem and they sent me two phones finally I could activate the second one after two weeks. call VM and tell them that your phone does not work they will send you a new one

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  14. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Thanks for the heads up XXB13. I have noticed a rash of problems with members phone's going dead after being left on the charger overnight. Will advise members with this problem to try the other options first then if still a "no go" will advise them to exchange as per your info.

Tags: