1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

keeps going back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SMCarroll, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SMCarroll

SMCarroll Lurker

I have a strange problem with my nook color. When I try to do some things, it acts like I am clicking a "go back" button.
    I hold on the home page, and click on "add item" - then I choose "folder" but instead of letting me choose a folder, it goes back to a book I was reading or back to a website I was at or something else.
    Some tasks work fine. But, others just "go back" to whatever I was previously doing. I have done complete re-starts; I have cleaned the screen; I have done "erase and deregister"; I have completely returned the nook to factory status. I have upgraded to 1.2 and then 1.3; but the error is still occurring.
    Any ideas??

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

3. SMCarroll

SMCarroll Lurker

The other posting "nook keeps doing a re-do or go back" was also me. I never got an answer. (And I forgot that I had already created a login for the forums, so I did a new one.)

It is not just adding icons to home. Search does the same thing. I choose "search" and enter a term and it goes back to the home page or to a book I was reading, instead of searching.

It is immediately after rooting. I re-did the rooting and was going to keep checking for the error as I added apps to see if there was a specific app causing the problem. But, it immediately had the problem before I added any apps.

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

So, if you return to stock, it works ok? What version did you flash? (1.1, 1.2)?

Did you root b/c you're a reader?