1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root keeps going back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SMCarroll, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SMCarroll

SMCarroll Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    I have a strange problem with my nook color. When I try to do some things, it acts like I am clicking a "go back" button.
    I hold on the home page, and click on "add item" - then I choose "folder" but instead of letting me choose a folder, it goes back to a book I was reading or back to a website I was at or something else.
    Some tasks work fine. But, others just "go back" to whatever I was previously doing. I have done complete re-starts; I have cleaned the screen; I have done "erase and deregister"; I have completely returned the nook to factory status. I have upgraded to 1.2 and then 1.3; but the error is still occurring.
    Any ideas??

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
  3. SMCarroll

SMCarroll Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    The other posting "nook keeps doing a re-do or go back" was also me. I never got an answer. (And I forgot that I had already created a login for the forums, so I did a new one.)

It is not just adding icons to home. Search does the same thing. I choose "search" and enter a term and it goes back to the home page or to a book I was reading, instead of searching.

It is immediately after rooting. I re-did the rooting and was going to keep checking for the error as I added apps to see if there was a specific app causing the problem. But, it immediately had the problem before I added any apps.

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    So, if you return to stock, it works ok? What version did you flash? (1.1, 1.2)?

Did you root b/c you're a reader?