1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kellex rant on vzw not updating gnex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drbugsmn, May 16, 2012.

1. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

Basically this :(

I'm going to bitch and whine because I can, but when push comes to shove, I'll stay with VZW because at least for me their network is much more reliable then others :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Android Enthusiast

Not to mention no LTE right now and their 3G network is S**T.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

well everyone has a right to be upset and voice their opinion. By any means i'm all for that. I'm just trying to be realistic in the fact that leaving VZW may not be the best option for "some" people. Me included.

4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

Google is now selling GSM galaxy nexus for 399 at Play store. That's right in between full retail and subsidized pricing. If they continue to do similar pricing for new GSM nexus, then it's very attractive option for those in GSM covered areas.

It's not just verizon's plan to get rid of unlimited data. There are several reasons why I consider leaving them after current Gnex. I know that at&t might be just as evil as VZW and heard many horror stories about their customer service. But their coverage on my area is decent and I like the fact that I can use unlocked GSM phone on their network as soon as it goes on sale. That's simply impossible with verizon.

That's just my thought now and I understand that you can't leave VZW if they are the only wireless carrier with decent coverage in your area.

racerxe24 likes this.
  5. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

If you are leaving for sprint make sure you get a 30 trial before getting locked in. Sprint sent us 2 femtocells free of charge for our office because their coverage is so awful. We are located near downtown San Diego in a 12 story building.

I stay with Verizon for the coverage and deal with the crappy phone choices and update schedule.

Do you want Turd Sandwich or Giant *****e?

6. val88

val88 Android Enthusiast

Coverage is a very specific for everyone. One man's great coverage = one man's crappy coverage.

For that reason alone I will leave VZ. I was a sprint customer for 12 years in northern CA. I switched for the nexus. In the 5 years with sprint, my 3g data was very consistent and my calls rarely ever dropped. I can't remember the last time it did.

On vz, 4g is pretty useless. I do get bursts of 10-15 minutes of 4g and then no signal. 3g is mostly ok but I very much notice dropped data a few times/month. Lets not also forget the 3 national outages they have had in the last 6 months. All this and about 20% more expensive than my sprint plan. So I'm definitely not getting my moneys worth.

So on top of all that, the way GN is handled. Its a no brainer for me to drop them. Of course 18 months is a long ways off. but I'm usually pretty good about making a clean break with poor customer relations.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews