• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kenny the porting mercenary

Have you seen a rom somewhere you would like to see on the optimus ellite but not sure how to get it done? Well you have come to the right place. I will either help guide you thru the process or even port for you.

**I do not, can not and will not make any guarantees**

If you would like to use my services reply to this thread with the following information:

Link to original rom:
Reason you want it ported:
Are you looking to learn or to have me port it:
What is your availability:

android version must be the same, if you want me to port it expect it to possibly take a while since I have a few things going on at once.

Chameleon os?

I've been looking at chameleon os but unfortunately I cannot find a version based on 4.2.1, so far its all 4.3 and 4.4. If you know of one then let me know, in the meantime i've started doing avatar rom (check my sig for my testing folder)

Is there a way to makes this work for the elite? [HOWTO]Implement Swipe to Remove Notification - xda-developers , id do it but dont have a computer and dont how to

hey thanks, it should be possible and actually i was going to be working with a member previously to bring some of these functions to ginger bread on the elite but it never really went anywhere. i'll take a look and see what i can do

Upvote 0
So small update with some not so great news.

I was dual booting windows with linux and earlier my windows partition decided to just say 'nope, not going to work anymore' I have recovered and am now running linux entirely (the way it should be) but i've lost all of my work. I have a few things backed up online but it'll take me a good few days to get everything back.

Also my phone is getting shut off tonight sometime and I have zero idea when i'll be able to play it so because of that expect progress to slow down considerably.

Upvote 0
If you need some help with porting, I'll be willing to help. My Xperia rom is pretty much ready to go so I can take over if you need some time to recover

Ill see how much i get done today and ill let you know.

... in the meantime i've started doing avatar rom ...

I checked out the Avatar Rom site, and it looks like it might be pretty cool. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

By the way, thanks for all of your work. It's nice to see you back.

Its in testing. Look at my SIG for a link to my testing folder if you want to try it out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones