• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kernal question

zeuswsu

Mar 21, 2010
I'm new to Roms and android and have an easy (I think) question for you guys. I'm running CM7 nightlies v.90 with chads incredikernal. I noticed it says that it has the smartass governor built-in. Is there somewhere i need to turn that governor on? Do I need to download SetCpu and turn it on or something? Or is it always on without me having to do anything?

Sorry for the noobie question and thanks for your answers in advance.

I'm new to Roms and android and have an easy (I think) question for you guys. I'm running CM7 nightlies v.90 with chads incredikernal. I noticed it says that it has the smartass governor built-in. Is there somewhere i need to turn that governor on? Do I need to download SetCpu and turn it on or something? Or is it always on without me having to do anything?

Smart ass is the default governor for that kernel. Also the best. Adjust clock speed if you like but ocing is not that necessary.

Reactions: zeuswsu
Upvote 0

Smartass is the default governor but you may choose others. I've had the best luck with battery and performance using chad's 4/19 build with smartass. I have the cpu set to 128 min and 883 max.

You do not need (or should you use) set CPU with the smartass governer. Just set the min/max and leave it alone.

Note that Chad currently has a new 2.38 kernel in development. The new governor is called "Ingenius". He is on beta 11 right now working out the kinks. The smartass governor in Incredikernel will be replaced with ingenious when it is completely stable. It seems close at this point...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones