1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Kernal question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zeuswsu, Jun 4, 2011.

1. zeuswsu

zeuswsu Member
    None

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm new to Roms and android and have an easy (I think) question for you guys. I'm running CM7 nightlies v.90 with chads incredikernal. I noticed it says that it has the smartass governor built-in. Is there somewhere i need to turn that governor on? Do I need to download SetCpu and turn it on or something? Or is it always on without me having to do anything?

Sorry for the noobie question and thanks for your answers in advance.

Advertisement

2. jmar

jmar Nexican
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    San Jose, CA

Smart ass is the default governor for that kernel. Also the best. Adjust clock speed if you like but ocing is not that necessary.

zeuswsu likes this.
  3. kenn

kenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Smartass is the default governor but you may choose others. I've had the best luck with battery and performance using chad's 4/19 build with smartass. I have the cpu set to 128 min and 883 max.

You do not need (or should you use) set CPU with the smartass governer. Just set the min/max and leave it alone.

Note that Chad currently has a new 2.38 kernel in development. The new governor is called "Ingenius". He is on beta 11 right now working out the kinks. The smartass governor in Incredikernel will be replaced with ingenious when it is completely stable. It seems close at this point...

trophynuts and pwned like this.
  4. ctc

ctc Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Specifically these settings are found under Settings|CyanogentMod Settings|Performance|CPU Settings.

zeuswsu likes this.
  5. zeuswsu

zeuswsu Member
    None

Mar 21, 2010
    That is what I was looking for when I originally posted. Right after I posted, I figured out that smartass was a setting and then it all started making a lot more sense.