1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

kernal tweaks for stock++

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nibs7, Apr 12, 2012.

1. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

what are some tweaks that we can put on the stock++..?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

3. SamsungAdmire

i used this version, which is also updated too(8.5)
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1380006

At the end of the post OP provides a .zip. Mount system, flash it.

4. socal6107

socal6107 Well-Known Member

just flash through cwm? after mounting system of course. will this affect my ROM negatively? just curious... this new kernel thing is new for me and the admire alike

5. SamsungAdmire

Mount system, and flash. My scrolling/pinch zoom feels smoother.
    But i wouldnt recommend using V6SuperCharger with this at the same time. ( I think it was causing my shit to force close, but this is way better than v6 super charger,imo) Using Smurfed out which is about the same thing as supercharger, they both work great.

adanmex and socal6107 like this.
  6. SamsungAdmire

Just found out that .zip was ****ing breaking my apps (Kept on force closing my crap..)
    I don't recommend it now, reflashed twice, installed this tweak only, found out it was that. Dont use it!

7. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

flashed fine everything works perfect haven't ran into problems..just mount system after flashing the zip.

8. SamsungAdmire

I know but my stuff always freezes then force closes for no reason at all. Probably because i was using RAM Scripts right? Because it says it is NOT recommended to use that when having ram scripts. Oh well. Back to smurfed out i guess!

9. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

probably you where using more than one tweak (as i call it) because i have only installed the zip you linked to and it works fine...its ben a day and haven't ran into problems.

so choose wisely

10. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

how do I take away tweaks? without reflashing. or thiers no other way around it cause I really want to try the smurfed out tweak.. anyone?? really confused

11. SamsungAdmire

smurfed out removes tweaks that might interfere with it. So everything will be ok since you can unsmurf!

12. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

okay currently I am using turboost v8.5...so I just use smurfed out and it'll delete turboost?

13. SamsungAdmire

no, Unless turbo boost has a tweak that might interfere with it it'll delete only that one tweak, but it'll save a backup on your SD, in case you want to Unsmurf it'll return your old files. Or do it the easy way out, Do smurfed out first, then flash turbo boost.Not recommended, be sure to backup first, Tell me the results!

14. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

had to re flash everything again it wouldnt let me open some apps..but now its smurfed!!! :)

15. pvd504

pvd504 Newbie

is there a link to this smurfed

16. admir

admir Lurker

The kernal works on admiral beast.

Attached Files:

17. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

pvd504 likes this.
  18. EricJoneckis

EricJoneckis Well-Known Member

So what tweaks do you think are the best and which ones can be run together? I did a bench Mark and the v8 one actually made me score lower.

19. pvd504

pvd504 Newbie

so whats better these smufted or the turbo boost

20. nibs7

nibs7 Newbie

smurfed is way better than Turbo..Turbo started making my apps not work..made some apps not connect with su.
    if your ganna use smurfed I suggest backing up your files and use terminal emulator found in the play store.. then use the command line under where it says "can I run this in terminal emulator" under troubleshooting..then follow the directions.
    one more advice read the "info" before you go about with the tweaks.

pvd504 likes this.
  21. EricJoneckis

EricJoneckis Well-Known Member

Everytime I've smurfed it has screwed up my phone. Everything will glitch and run slow. I have to flash backup cause unsmurfing doesn't fix it. I'm only usomg zv6 zip right now.

pvd504 likes this.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews