• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 4.1.0 | 2.6.38.8 |

youdoofus

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2011
so dak
For anybody using CM7 and arent averse to trying out a new kernel, give this a shot. Its given me far better battery life!! Just thought id share:)
I (of course) take precisely 0 credit for this kernel, im merely spreading the good word

Tiamat

im on 3.3.7, but it appears as tho hes launched a 3.3.8 i have not used that one yet, but id hafta assume its as good as, if not better than 3.3.7

For anybody using CM7 and arent averse to trying out a new kernel, give this a shot. Its given me far better battery life!! Just thought id share:)
I (of course) take precisely 0 credit for this kernel, im merely spreading the good word

Tiamat

im on 3.3.7, but it appears as tho hes launched a 3.3.8 i have not used that one yet, but id hafta assume its as good as, if not better than 3.3.7

Its better!!! :) get with the times doofus.

Reactions: KFlannigan5
Upvote 0
Yo flash this to day around 1 pm its now 10 pm I have 65 % left on the battery and I have not really used my phone at all but 3 phone calls and about 20 min of browsing ....I was getting better battery on savage. How do u guys have set CPU set up. I am using smart ass for the scaling ( which I have never used before) .. I'm. At a loss why my battery life.sucks now.... ok now I have 60%... mybe need to give .it a couple of days to settle.

Upvote 0
Yo flash this to day around 1 pm its now 10 pm I have 65 % left on the battery and I have not really used my phone at all but 3 phone calls and about 20 min of browsing ....I was getting better battery on savage. How do u guys have set CPU set up. I am using smart ass for the scaling ( which I have never used before) .. I'm. At a loss why my battery life.sucks now.... ok now I have 60%... mybe need to give .it a couple of days to settle.

It is usually recommended to give it a couple of days, but remember that ever kernel works differently on different phones. Some will work better for others. I have setCPU to have a 'screen off' of something like 128, and then it steps down in intervals based on percentage left (so at 100% it is at 998, but at 50% its at say, 700 or so). I also have one for temp, I don't really feel comfortable with my phone getting too hot. These are just my personal settings... but last night I decided to try without profiles, and just have it set to 800 something when I turn it on.

I am debating if setCPU is helping my battery, too many different variables this week...

Good luck with your set up.

Upvote 0
The newer version, 3.3.8, does not undervolt as much and their aren't that many changes made specifically for the Evo. I stuck with 3.3.7 but will probably upgrade soon and see if I get better or worse battery life. I may also try this kernel with the more aggressive undervolting thread I saw on xda, if anyone else is please tell me if you see that much difference.

Upvote 0
The newer version, 3.3.8, does not undervolt as much and their aren't that many changes made specifically for the Evo. I stuck with 3.3.7 but will probably upgrade soon and see if I get better or worse battery life. I may also try this kernel with the more aggressive undervolting thread I saw on xda, if anyone else is please tell me if you see that much difference.

I'm about to test those out today starting with the special extreme one for tiamat 3.3.8 only

Upvote 0
ive been using the non sbc (call me paranoid lol) seems about the same as 3.3.7 but its a touch early to tell. Not only that, but add that to the fact that i had only been on the last one for a short period, but overall id say that its better than savag-kernel-v1.6 bfc(or cfs)-havs-wimax-nosbc's i was runnin b4 but as was previously mentioned, its different for each individual phone and how the evo-ist uses said device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones