• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][CM7][CM9][MIUI][CTMOD/H.A.R.] Kato Kernel Beta 0.4 - Overclocked 946MHz[Update 3/30/12]

Sounds good man . I'm flashing the kernel right now . Hopefully it'll take this time . If not , I'm gonna do the same thing and call it a night . I'll update this post in a few and let ya know if it took it or not .

UPDATE : Ok man , I got it to take but (lol) I lost my Market . WTH ?? Gotta install a version I've got and then install Voltage Control . Will update shortly .

UPDATE: Well , I got it installed but I can't get the damn market back on my phone for some reason . I don't have any file manager because everything got wiped when I flashed the kernel so I can't access the SD card .I tried using the ApkInstaller with a copy of the market but it will not let it install for some reason . That's enough for tonight , I'll try again tomorrow . Grrrr!! :cool:

UPDATE : Something got screwed up somewhere . After doing a CWM restore and I get my apps and set up back .... when I reboot , I lose everything now . Looks like a fresh install is needed . Crap , looks like it's gonna be a while before I hit the sack . Oh well , shit happens . lol

Upvote 0
@rm50

interactive is a pretty good balance between power and battery life, not as good on battery as ondemand but better on power.

i agree with you phoneman.....except i use interactive x on all three of my devices...it doesnt seem to bad on battery..but gives you the right amount of responsiveness...the only reason i burn through a lil more battery is because i dont keep my minimum all the way down..if you keep it on the second or third from the bottom value..it is more snappy when waking thr phone up and unlocking it...i hate the lag you get when you wake the phone up and your fingers start moving to fast

Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Reactions: PhoneMan93
Upvote 0
i agree with you phoneman.....except i use interactive x on all three of my devices...it doesnt seem to bad on battery..but gives you the right amount of responsiveness...the only reason i burn through a lil more battery is because i dont keep my minimum all the way down..if you keep it on the second or third from the bottom value..it is more snappy when waking thr phone up and unlocking it...i hate the lag you get when you wake the phone up and your fingers start moving to fast

Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Yeah I hate that lag too so I'll have to try that out, thank you.

Upvote 0
I need 2 crash test dummies... one on cm7 and the other on cm9...

Im a crash test dummy for sure. Im running CM9 and have been trying everything to get this oc kernel to run. All Im doing is boot looping sometimes after the samsung screen, sometimes android flashes for a second then loops and then it made it to the cm9 screen once and froze !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones