1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kernel code Mission

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android155, Aug 12, 2012.

1. android155

android155 Well-Known Member

Lemme see...hmmm :D

I saw a website :p lets see...

Kernel Hacking Lesson #1: Get the Source

Lets all keep posting random stuff related to Kernel source codes here, so that experts can look into the matter ! :p

DO IT ! ITS A MUST !! :D

Hey ! :mad: where do you are going without posting anything related ? huh...??? POST I SAY !!! :D:D:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mastermind1024

mastermind1024 Android Expert

That's helpful for hacking kernel of linux based os like ubuntu but its not useful for android unless we already have kernel source from manufacture.we need a repository to clone it via 1st method or we have to develop our own kernel from original linux kernel source.

ninadchaudhari likes this.
  3. android155

Lets Break it down...I respect ur experience but please clear my doubts...

1) Android is linux based right ? So why cant we do the same ?
    2) Why dont we develop our own kernel modifying original linux kernel source ?

4. mastermind1024

mastermind1024 Android Expert

1) Yes, Android indeed is based on linux but its kernel is not the same we get with ubuntu n from linux.org...each n every device have unique kernel which is developed for that specific device by using the source from linux.org as base by manufacture, so that makes their own kernel source...so if we want to mod or hack android device kernel then we need that specific kernel source from manufacture.

2) To develop our own kernel we need info of each component, sensor, make of lcd, touch, compass, gps, etc etc...then to create drivers so called generic drivers n that's not easy unless u r a hardcore linux dev...lot of time, lot of testing, lot of debugging, lot of experience n knowledge...it's not just that easy that it seems.

5. android155

Now here is the inevitable question, Do we know anyone who can do this hardcore progamming ? and ya....i may be wrong but...kernel codes contain info on how to use the hardware on board, it contains driver thingy n all....cant we take the base kernel of similar phones, n put it on our phones, change it slightly to suit us....?

6. android155

I have come across a beautiful idea,I need someone to help me execute that, n that's really simple, but it will require u to spend some time on it , and i cant do it coz I m too busy with work here...anyone?

7. shahabazas

shahabazas ~*~ Android Addict ~*~

Whats the idea???

8. android155

Its to look for kernel codes in smthing called DEEP WEB (please search for it in wikipedia to know about it, n hw to access it) I m 100 % sure it will work! Deep web has 95% more material than normal 5% surface internet normal users get to see...

9. shahabazas

Buddy its too vast and too DEEP so need to read all the terms over there and once understood how to get it working then only can proceed so need time for it will definitely give it a try.

10. android155

If u want an easy tutorial on how to acess it, I can always do it! :) just in case

11. shahabazas

Yes provide me d tutorials please.

12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

You can't use a kernel from another device and you aren't going to find kernel source for your device in the deep web.

Its on manufacturers computers until they release it.

13. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I don't know what that tutorial was supposed to really be, but my anti-virus and firewall both didn't like it. Let's not post that link again, please.

priyandroid likes this.
  14. priyandroid

priyandroid Newbie

can we try to instal a new rom from another phone with same kernel source version....ie 2.6.35.7..?? since I am a noob please clear my doubts.

15. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

No, you can only install roms meant for your device.

priyandroid likes this.
  16. android155

Sure....y not! I just conveyed a way to obtain kernel source, the tutorial isn't mine, just thought it wud b useful! :p

Micromax A75 Forum

The Micromax A75 release date was December 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.75" inch screen, 3MP camera, MT6573 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

December 2011
Release Date
Reviews