• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

I had the luck of getting the marquee that can't be clocked higher than 1300 :cool: Soon as I try 1320 phone freezes, so my device has reached it's limit for now. Thanks for v1.5 as I can still use 1300 :thumbup:
42574505-eca1-554b.jpg

Upvote 0
Went ahead and turned it up. 1.4GHz and running like champ. Set at vr and interactiveX.

SMOOOOOOOKIN' FASSSSSSSST!!!!!!:D

this is really fast,but i must drop out of warp to listen to music weird noise in playback at anything above 1300. this is not a complaint merely making it known to others who may encounter this. now go ace your finals

Upvote 0
I installed hyper 1.0 and 1.5, but now when I switch back to the MarqueeUnleased kernel, my WiFi won't start...shows "Error" in settings when I try to activate it. I wiped kernel, dalvik, and fixed permissions but no go.

When I switch back to hyper 1.5 it works again. Any ideas on what's going on?

hyper installs its own wifi driver to /system/etc/wifi which doesn't work with other kernels.

pull the wireless.ko out of the zip to the rom you are using and replace it.

Upvote 0
You can also reflash ctmod, as did I, I just made a backup with clockwork mod, went to advanced restore, and restored data only.

There were a few bugs that don't play nice with my marquee, I flashed back to imfm's kernel which I believe is blood's original hyper, and ndno's oc. Blood's next kernel will be nice though, as long as people bug report with him he will make great kernels

Upvote 0
You can also reflash ctmod, as did I, I just made a backup with clockwork mod, went to advanced restore, and restored data only.

There were a few bugs that don't play nice with my marquee, I flashed back to imfm's kernel which I believe is blood's original hyper, and ndno's oc. Blood's next kernel will be nice though, as long as people bug report with him he will make great kernels

what problems did you have other than the camera/record video bug?

Reactions: jojocat
Upvote 0
I know that 220 and 120 are experimental, and for the most part they work great on my phone set at 120 and 1300. The camera is the only thing that wigs out at the low settings. Most times when I snap a shot it keeps repeating the shutter sound and hangs for a bout 15 seconds. When it finally breaks out of the loop it hasn't recorded the picture. Not a complaint, just an observation. Love the kernel and the ROM! Thanks Blood!

Upvote 0
Phone freezes above 1300 mhz, wifi constantly trying to obtain IP address( setting to static IP temporarily fixed), audio issues, governors resetting on their own, gpu lag issues, and CPU being set to 1360 even when I have it set at 1000 or lower, I thought it was just my phone with these issues but I am noticing others with similar issues, anyways keep up the good work, I know you will fix this.

Upvote 0
Phone freezes above 1300 mhz, wifi constantly trying to obtain IP address( setting to static IP temporarily fixed), audio issues, governors resetting on their own, gpu lag issues, and CPU being set to 1360 even when I have it set at 1000 or lower, I thought it was just my phone with these issues but I am noticing others with similar issues, anyways keep up the good work, I know you will fix this.

If your freezing or rebooting at 1300+ it just means your phone can't handle it.

wifi works fine for me, I haven't seen anyone else thats using hyper have problems with it either.

what do you mean governors are resetting? it sets back to the default governor every boot, unless you use a app to auto set it on start up.

I haven't seen any GPU issues reported by anyone else.

there is a problem with the CPU using frequencies its not supposed to, thats why the camera and video recorder are having problems. you can have it set to 1000 max yet when you take a picture or record something it tries to use 1400 or one of the other high frequencies. even tho I haven't had any audio problems its probably related to this too.

Got it - I'll try that.

BTW, is it just since 1.0 or 1.5 that it installs the incompatible wifi driver?

1.0+

Reactions: jojocat
Upvote 0
If its the CPU why does it run on 1360??? At 1300 it freezes and reboots but 1360 it runs fine, it just seems that the gpu lags at 1360 for me, I use voltage control as you suggested and no nothing is set , I want to leave it at default, someone else was telling about the wifi issue earlier today and you responded so that means that there is an issue... I also leave the default governor as well, its the kernel because I have no issues with any other kernel, everything is fine, this one is buggy that's all, it needs more work and I know you can and will fix it

Upvote 0
If its the CPU why does it run on 1360??? At 1300 it freezes and reboots but 1360 it runs fine, it just seems that the gpu lags at 1360 for me, I use voltage control as you suggested and no nothing is set , I want to leave it at default, someone else was telling about the wifi issue earlier today and you responded so that means that there is an issue... I also leave the default governor as well, its the kernel because I have no issues with any other kernel, everything is fine, this one is buggy that's all, it needs more work and I know you can and will fix it

every phone is different, yours doesn't like the voltage 1300 uses.

the other guy having a wifi issue wasn't using this kernel, he changed to a different kernel but still had hypers wifi driver which doesn't work on none hyper kernels.

the only thing I'm getting at is I can only fix bugs that I can replicate or multiple people are experiencing, and some phones just don't like certain things.

I'll fix what I can, just don't expect everything your experiencing to go away lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones