• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

you just need to wait for bloodawn to fix the 3g issue
As Monster stated, if you wait for Blood to get the 3G to work on his ZVC Boost ROM w/ his kernel, you can just flash his ROM without having to flash to ZVC first and then flash his kernel.

Oh cool. So it didn't mater I used the Sprint update instead of BOOST? And I can just use Bloodawn's ROM when it's ready.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
do a factory reset first. I havent tested it yet. 1 min left on dl
Ok.. I mean I will wait until it's finished most likely.. I was just wondering because Blood had said 0.2 is for ZVC/ZV4 ROMS Only, and I currently am not running a ZVC ROM (MB is not a ZVC ROM). Unless he created a ROM with the new kernel implemented into it? Sorry for not understanding everything fully..

0.2 is only for ZVC/ZV4 roms

0.1 is only for ZV9/ZV3 roms

if you have one of the new basebands with a old rom and you flash 0.2 you'll get stuck on the lg screen.

Upvote 0
I had 0.1 working fine. Just wiped cache and installed it. (I have zv4 version of MB 1.2 rom).

However I installed 0.2 (haven't tried the updated version of 0.2 yet) and just got stuck at the LG screen. I'd rather not have to downgrade or restore a stock rom since that would mean wiping out my apps again. If 0.2 doesn't work I may just wait till v1.0 comes out. :D

Upvote 0
I had 0.1 working fine. Just wiped cache and installed it. (I have zv4 version of MB 1.2 rom).

However I installed 0.2 (haven't tried the updated version of 0.2 yet) and just got stuck at the LG screen. I'd rather not have to downgrade or restore a stock rom since that would mean wiping out my apps again. If 0.2 doesn't work I may just wait till v1.0 comes out. :D

the first post as well as multiple others posts explain why 0.2 won't work for you.

MB isn't a ZV4 rom or a ZVC rom, the build.prop is just edited to think it is.

Upvote 0
Great work blood! I've been waiting on seeing you in the marquee forums man. The kernal is running great no problems here but I do have a suggestion for ya. Is there anyway you can create a ctmod rom for the marquee because I loved it when I had the prevail and it would be awesome on this device. Thanks again man on your hard work keep it up!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I agree that would be awesome

Upvote 0
Holy shit, I had to work so late I couldn't check in to see what was going on and I miss awesome test roms and new kernel version!! Aghh! Nice work Bloodawn, cant wait to see whats in store for us.
I was kinda bummed on my marquee for a while, but having such a great community working/testing things for this phone, Im stoked. Nice work guys.

Upvote 0
I couldn't get the first kernel to work on ZV9, so I tried to do the ZVC upgrade. Only the baseband updated though. I read that the Undeniable ROM is ZV9, and Marky Beats is made to only think the phone is ZVC. What ROM would i use to get the Hyper 0.2 kernel to work. Or should I just wait on the ROMS that Bloodawn is working on? Thanks for any advice.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9492/20120417203516.jpg

Upvote 0
Bloodawn,
I've been playing around with my sprint phone and was able to duplicate no 3g while installing hyper2.zip. I did have 3g working with your kernel hyper0.2 with the ZVC update that I installed which was made by asadullah.

I just flashed my phone to virgin using this method(KDZ) I then rebooted the phone and saw things were working (everything) I then did a factory reset and made a backup of the ZV9. I then installed sprintupdate (ZVC) modded by asadullah found here. I then rebooted the phone and the update worked. I then installed your kernel Hyper0.2.zip and everything worked fine= 3G

Now I went back to see if my backup would work of the ZV9. I installed that and then installed ZVC update and your kernel in that order without rebooting the device and I had no 3g.

I went back and installed ZV9 and ZVC update w/o rebooting and allowed the phone to boot and I had 3g and then went back to install Hyper0.2 and I have 3g

Maybe this will help you track down the problem........

edit,
I tried the above again with the same results, install a virgin rom, zvc update and hyper kernel w/o rebooting after zvc update wont allow 3g to work, but a virgin rom, zvc update, a bootup and then install hyper0.2 3g works.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
Bloodawn,
I've been playing around with my sprint phone and was able to duplicate no 3g while installing hyper2.zip. I did have 3g working with your kernel hyper0.2 with the ZVC update that I installed which was made by asadullah.

I just flashed my phone to virgin using this method(KDZ) I then rebooted the phone and saw things were working (everything) I then did a factory reset and made a backup of the ZV9. I then installed sprintupdate (ZVC) modded by asadullah found here. I then rebooted the phone and the update worked. I then installed your kernel Hyper0.2.zip and everything worked fine= 3G

Now I went back to see if my backup would work of the ZV9. I installed that and then installed ZVC update and your kernel in that order without rebooting the device and I had no 3g.

I went back and installed ZV9 and ZVC update w/o rebooting and allowed the phone to boot and I had 3g and then went back to install Hyper0.2 and I have 3g

Maybe this will help you track down the problem........

edit,
I tried the above again with the same results, install a virgin rom, zvc update and hyper kernel w/o rebooting after zvc update wont allow 3g to work, but a virgin rom, zvc update, a bootup and then install hyper0.2 3g works.

interesting, thanks man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones