• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][GPU][OC] Tardis Kernel

It works!
Thanks so much!

1. Root - O
2. Kernel Source - O
3. CWM - O
4. Stock Deodexed ROM - O
5. New Kernel - O
6. Cyanogenmod - X
7. World Domination - X

I'm hoping that someone gets working on Cyanogenmod next :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-26-02-03-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-26-02-03-26.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Flashable zip for V4 can be reused just replace boot.img

Link - OC Kernel V4 by rbheromax.zip

My recommended settings for the Supreme

Max Clock - 1674mhz
Min Clock - 486mhz
Governor - Interactive
I/O Scheduler - Sio

can be set with No-frills CPU Control

ps THIS may help with GPU overclock

Thanks!
As for GPU OC, its already done, up to 450 Mhz but most of the time gives bad benchmark scores. I'm currently looking into that (doesn't mean it gives bad performance). If anyone wants it, I'll compile it in. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been running v4 all day and have had a few random reboots. I'm playing around with the frequencies and I/O scheduler settings to see what is most stable. I ran most of the day at 384Ghz-1.836Ghz and cfq and didn't reboot until I switched scheduler to sio. Trying what was recommended in the first post now.

486Ghz-1.674Ghz, sio

Attachments

• 1391817979988.jpg
    1391817979988.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
How stable is this, and what sort of changes were made to the source to produce it?

Could I maybe get a diff on any changes made for the most stable version? I ask, because someone recently posted about ZTE releasing this source and that they found the defconfig for the n9100 aka hayes (Force 4G) was included in this source. That was user spock1104. He built the source using the included config and it's working! I think more than likely this is the same source tree which was used to build the kernel used in the Sprint Jelly Bean ROM which was recently used as a basis to make an update ROM for n9100 ICS users.

I would like to get OC working on it. The zte_krait_oc module included in the sprint rom will load, and you can change max to 1.8Ghz for CPU and 400Mhz for GPU, but the system still maxes out at 1.51Ghz/300Mhz.

While we're discussing building, does anyone know anything updating the kernel API level? I would love to build a kitkat kernel/ROM on that platform.

Cheers,
-SB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones