1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Kernel] Imoseyon LeanKernel 3.7.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WormDoes, Sep 12, 2011.

1. tythunder

tythunder Well-Known Member

Where I get this battery info?

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

My battery widget links to it. I think you can also access it via settings but I don't know the exact path right this second.

3. tythunder

Hmmm ok, trying to find it. And does anyone have a link for 3.5.8?
    Found it

4. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

Is anyone getting the bug where wifi turns itself off when the phone is asleep? People are complaining about it on rootz, and I noticed it this morning but thought it might just be a one time glitch.

What happens is that you set your phone down and let it fall asleep while on wifi (with the sleep policy set to never, of course) and when you wake it up it is on 4G.

I think I have seen it twice, once on 3.6.0 and once on DK 2.9.0 this morning. I flashed 2.9.0 without any kernel so it is not a blackao5p thing (others are on different roms).

5. asianrage

asianrage Well-Known Member

Settings > Battery Use > Select the chart.

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I've seen it before, never bothered me much, usually just prompts me to check my wifi sleep policy. It is likely a IMO's kernel issue seeing as DK is built off of IMO's kernels

7. tythunder

Well here is my battery stats on 3.6.0
    [​IMG]

I'm using #1 and interactivex governor. I really don't get how you guys get such long battery life. I'm using stock battery, cm7. Almost 2 hours and down to 45 percent. Faulty battery?

8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

No, not a faulty battery. Likely user error, no offense

9. tythunder

Well what am I doing wrong you think?

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I would suggest using #2 in speedtweak that lowers your voltage more and it works fine. Also using a better kernel would help, have you flashed 3.5.8 yet? 3.6.0 was real bad on my batter with use and from the looks of your graph you were using your phone in that 2 hours.

11. tythunder

I haven't tried flashing 3.5.8 yet, I can't find a link.

12. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

SpikedRed likes this.
  13. tythunder

Thank you, I did actually look for it though I kept getting other forums and crap, should have just searched it here. Anyway thnx again. Got to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this battery situation

14. brizey

So worm, you went immediately to 3.5.8 on liquid 3.0? The built-in is jdkoreclipse build #6, which I think is pretty good so I am going to stick with it for now.

15. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

3.5.8 w/ audio fix is an auto flash on every ROM for me. Once properly calibrated nothing comes close to its battery life, for me at least. I did notice that 3.0 doesn't appear to have the lib.audio fixes. Media volume seems lower than on CM to me

16. brizey

Well, it is in nightlies. I bet he adds it at some point. Don't forget he is developing this for a bunch of phones and I think that is a Thunderbolt issue.

17. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Okay after some research it looks like imo's speedtweak script and the alterations that must be done for call recording are done to the ramdisk, anykernel removes ramdisk tweaks from kernels so that blows.

18. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Running 3.5.11 and 3.5.12 I forgot how good 3.5.8 was with battery. I'm on 12 hours with 63% left right now.

19. brizey

Hmmm...I say it is worth it to use 3.5.8 and forget anykernel. Not needed for pretty much any ROM but the theory ROMs, and our collective wind is blowing away from that direction (lol--kernel poetry).

Ibrick likes this.
  20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah. I could easily make an anykernel now but I don't see any need unless I am going to run a theory rom really, I'm also unsure if his tweaks are worth keeping over IMO's on 3.5.8. If I could find a working link for the script for scriptfusion I may be able to put that in there but I am not sure as it may also need to be in the ramdisk. Anyways I am now on liquid with an unmodified 3.5.8 flashed and all is good ;), if someone does want me to make an anykernel for them and don't care if the kernel will run built in scripts then I will be happy to do so.

21. asianrage

asianrage Well-Known Member

So after running, 3.5.8 for a day and half, and not seeing any significant changes compared to 3.5.11 or .12, I decided to give 3.6 a chance on my BlackSourc3d. I was able to (finally!) load DT's anykernel version but that came without the speedtweak script, so I ended up flashing Imo's original. So far, result was as expected with 3.5.8, but it won't be until tomorrow, Monday, that I'll find out how long this kernel will stretch my battery life. Wish me luck!!!

22. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

No stability problems with this setting on Tiamat?

23. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

bjanow likes this.
  24. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Did you change your clock speeds? Max/Min?
    Thanks,
    Bryan

25. Thats

Thats That guy is This

Any want to try the newest?

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews