1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mtmichaelson, Aug 9, 2013.

1. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Antioch, TN
    Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

Advertisement

hayneskr likes this.
  2. jlede

jlede Android Expert
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Male
    N/A
    Bardwell,Texas
    Are u planing to add anything else to your kernal (asking for people who own this device)

3. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Antioch, TN
    As of right now I am just messing around with it for myself. I will release a rom first then will look into the kernel. Obviously with this being downloaded 8 times since Friday there isn't a ton of interest in this device, but I love mine and will work to make it better!!!

4. overdope

overdope Member
    None

Oct 23, 2012
    Ok a couple questions..as of 9/7/13 is there any way of unlocking the bootloader yet on Spec 2? I security errored my original Spectrum bc of not unlocking it...so really the questions are: Any there ways to unlock the bootloader. What root method actually WORKS and is pretty simple as far as automatically installing the appropriate recovery as well as Root, then what would be the process to install the kernel before I security error it? & btw, are there any ROMs available yet?

Thanks so much food your time everybody!!

5. jlede

jlede Android Expert
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Male
    N/A
    Bardwell,Texas
    with loki you dont need a unlocked bootloader because loki acts like a sheild and protects the device from alerting the "police" or the security error

6. sil_e_nce

sil_e_nce Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2014
    I have the vs930 22a. And its rooted i yhink unlocked it says device unlocked so boot sucsess i have done this all on my phone not computer exploits but my question is i downloaded the rom put it on my sd in the root of it and used lte2 int and the botted into recovery i backed my phone up from there and went to zip and insalled it it went through fine said reboot so i did but no difference in logo or kernel in settings. Unless it is and i didnt know lol. But i have bricked before and fixed it myself. But i just can seem to me anyway to be able to flash this rom. But like i said it said it installed. Any answers would be helpfull. Thankyou in advance

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    No problem man. You could try flashing a different kernel if you still have custom recovery installed but if youre not confident its probably best to take it somewhere (or just use a 2A charger lol) :)