• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS770][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

Bricked my phone with security error. And I forgot this kernal didnt have a recovery made for it yet..lol oh well. Unbrick guide here i come!

Oh and love the kernal so far GT thx for the amazing work!
Thanks

How did you brick? This kernel is loki'd. You can remove any app without bricking. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
wow really? I set mine at 1134 with setCPU since all I do is a couple games, video chat, and the daily cell phone communication stuff and it runs smooth as butter. I did however remove everything I really didn't need after installing this though idk if that makes a difference.

I have well over 200+ apps on my phone so that could of played into it, but I keep my files pretty clean too though. I did do a factory reset yesterday trying ro work on cm10's gps issue and when i got back to my phones preferred status I noticed it seemed to be running much smoother soooo.. .

Upvote 0
I have well over 200+ apps on my phone so that could of played into it, but I keep my files pretty clean too though. I did do a factory reset yesterday trying ro work on cm10's gps issue and when i got back to my phones preferred status I noticed it seemed to be running much smoother soooo.. .

Wow 200 apps ><

I am on exactly opposite side. I don't run many apps with my phone and I keep only minimum apps on drawers. I hardly go beyond 3 pages of apps. Usually stays in two pages (-30+) apps at most. :)

Upvote 0
Wow 200 apps ><

I am on exactly opposite side. I don't run many apps with my phone and I keep only minimum apps on drawers. I hardly go beyond 3 pages of apps. Usually stays in two pages (-30+) apps at most. :)

A lot of music apps, system utilities and cleaning, apps that rely on other apps, licensing keys, Google crap, and stuff for my kiddo. Funny thing is I stay around about 4gb of storage remaining at all times even with all of my music which is quite a bit.

Upvote 0
OK now I know for sure it's the settings you're using causing your issues. Don't set the min/max to the same thing. Also if you use interactive gov you don't need to set a screen off profile since the interactive gov sets the cpu to @384 when the screen is off. Generally you don't have to mess with the settings much or you're just gonna cause your phone to misbehave.

I have my phone set to the max with interactive gov and CFQ scheduler with no profiles and that works perfect for me.

Yeah, it was the screen off settings. I'm using kernel tuner now with gov set to interactive, no issues. Fix'n to flash your updated kernel and give it a whirl. Thanks for your work.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
if you add version f aboot to the flashable then it wont matter what firmware their on.
here's the updater script code from hk's cm10 for the motion that flashes version d aboot. just change the file name etc.. and dev block stays the same.
Code:
ui_print("Flashing Version D ABOOT");
package_extract_file("verd_aboot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");

i made a flashable that flashes just the version f aboot.img
http://www.mediafire.com/download/po6372o35c6sje5/ms770_motion_ver-f_aboot.img.zip

Has this been tested. Really don't wanna got threw the hassle of unbricking again on my junk computer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones