• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS770][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

so i installed and when i boot i get this message

Secure booting error!
Cause : device unlock!, so boot success!!

But my phone never fully boots up. did i do soemthing wrong. Do i have to unbrick?

running BobZ CM10
Assuming Bobz CM10 is firmware F which I believe so, then you probably did nothing wrong.

Some phones require more voltage than others to function or even boot.

In the new update I'm running the kernel with lower voltages, so that may explain your issues.

You may have to run the older version which is running normal voltage. I added it to the download section (1.62ghz).

If you're able to get into recovery with the button combo, then you can just flash other kernel and not have to unbrick. (I don't know the button combo for the motion)

Upvote 0
Assuming Bobz CM10 is firmware F which I believe so, then you probably did nothing wrong.

Some phones require more voltage than others to function or even boot.

In the new update I'm running the kernel with lower voltages, so that may explain your issues.

You may have to run the older version which is running normal voltage. I added it to the download section (1.62ghz).

If you're able to get into recovery with the button combo, then you can just flash other kernel and not have to unbrick. (I don't know the button combo for the motion)

Ok thx for that i had to unbrick then do a hard reset wouldnt let me do anything else

Upvote 0
you cna use loki on anything you want, so long as your aboot is version f youll boot. i could loki version b's boot.img and flash it and be fine.

I don't want to pretend I know how loki works completely o I'll ask.. How would we get a c kernel with loki. Im trying to flash the c kernel over bobZ cm10 to test out a theory on why some features aren't working..

Upvote 0
I think the focus has been on overclocking. I think GT did a great job at squeezing as much out of the cpu as possible. I think we need a more universal kernel if that's possible. Just wish I really knew what I was doing with that and had the proper equipment...
When you say universal... Do you mean with no overclock?

Upvote 0
No and I don't know if this is even possible.(kernels aren't my area of much knowledge) a kernel that we could use over all or most roms that isn't firmware specific..
Check this thread. It's to make loki'd firmware F kernels & recoveries work on other firmware versions. That's as universal as it can get lol. ;)

version f aboot flashable for lokied files

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones