• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS870][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

I'm not sure about the settings for that app. I use SetCPU, but there's many cpu apps on play store both free and paid. It's always best to try different apps for yourself to see which fits your needs best.

These are the settings I use. I do not set any profiles, but that's just me. Others set their settings different than I do.

max - 1.512 ghz
min - 384 mhz
governor - interactive
scheduler - CFQ
set on boot

SetCPU seems to be working fine for me now, thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't know if its the kernel but I have near half of my SD card empty and I can update or download apps from play store I keep getting insufficient storage errors despite having more than enough memory left
Nope, has nothing to do with the kernel. Just do a google search for your issue and you should get a bunch of different solutions for you to try. If all else fails you'll have to do a factory restore of your phone.

insufficient storage

Upvote 0
For sure. I'll give no frills a try and make sure to set on boot. Thank you!

I use no frills cpu and it works.just make sure you go to the menu setting in app and make sure you have the first two boxes checked and that you hit the apply option for every time you make a change in the app. Sorry my phone is tripping out post date on my phone was 1969 i refreshed and now 2013

Upvote 0
What's the best settings for good battery life but good performance for that app?
I use the Interactive governor and CFQ scheduler and that's it. I don't set any profiles and I rarely overclock. I get 2-3 days on full charge with moderate use (calls,texting,browsing,emails,hangouts,rhapsody, apollo).

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Kernel Updated!

*Please read all instructions and details in first post.*

New Features:

• 1.8ghz overclock
  • conservative governor
  • SmartassV2 governor
  • Intellidemand governor
  • Superbad governor
  • *Init.D support*
Init.D will allow you to run some really cool tuning and tweaking scripts on boot by simply placing the script in the new directory you will have when you flash this kernel. This new directory is to support the init.d feature I added to the kernel.

I will start a new thread for init.d scripts where we can all share scripts we find on the web. I wrote a script of my own that will allow you to tweak a few things. Anyways, the thread will be up in a few minutes.

Edit:
Init.D thread is up here.

When there's Freedom, there's potential...
Freedom Kernel

Upvote 0
How's this kernel with battery life?
Noone can give you an accurate answer to that since everyone uses there phone differently. Also users set their settings differently as well, like govenors, schedulers, and frequecies. Some overclock while some don't while others underclock.

You just have to try it and see for yourself with the settings you choose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones