• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel]OptimusM OC stock 2.2.1

my phone runs like this but some apps wont work lol but when i tune it back to 806 works fine.

2up7dhw.png

Upvote 0
I experience no glitches I used to experience the black screen crap but i fixed that i fixed the wifi i fixed the MMS everything works fine for me now No crashes No bugs (besides the Kernel Running at 729.6)

[Edit] I just remembered only thing not working for me is usb mass storage but i use recovery for that :D

If you are running the cm7 rom mass storage was fixed in the latest update

Upvote 0
Well, it's been 2 days at 729/245 and I've only had one thing crash, which was The Market and that only happened once.

The BIGGEST upside for me has been increased battery life.
Not sure if it was the Battery Calibrator app or the Kernel but I was having to charge the phone every night as my battery was around 20%. Last night I had 72% and I'm at 55% as of this posting.

Upvote 0
What else can we tweak in this kernel?! The one I'm running now I've removed alot of the debugging options LG left built in which results in a slightly smaller kernel but I want to do more! Any ideas?

Only two tweaks I've really needed in a kernel is ability to turn volume up which you remedied in your ROM and over clocking. I'd say the kernel is good enough for now.

You should start stomping out the bugs in your ROM. Getting the screen rotation moving quickly would be huge.

From using the kernel and rom together for a few days straight I'd say battery optimization and screen rotation are the two biggest thing needing attention.

I thought battery life was better with this kernel but after running calibration and using for awhile im lucky to get 8-10 hours out of it.

Upvote 0
What else can we tweak in this kernel?! The one I'm running now I've removed alot of the debugging options LG left built in which results in a slightly smaller kernel but I want to do more! Any ideas?

We need to fix the gyroscope or what ever is call cause is not working right thats why it has the landscape problems u can download a little game call chalky and the difference between this rom and how the stock detects every single movment
Is clear

Upvote 0
My batt lasted 1 day 2 hours and 23 minutes and I was at 40 percent I do use setcpu to turn down my processor when I'm in stand by mode tho and I dont get any if the lag issues..

don't believe that for one minute, not on cm7 rom. I'm running juice defender ultimate and I have setcpu set to throttle down when not in use. I could get over 12 hours if I unplugged my phone and let it sit in standby...

Upvote 0
We need to fix the gyroscope or what ever is call cause is not working right thats why it has the landscape problems u can download a little game call chalky and the difference between this rom and how the stock detects every single movment
Is clear

does it work better for you after a reboot? mine almost works like stock for about the first 10hrs uptime.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones