• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Osiris][JB] Serenity kernel 3.4 OC

Team Osiris presents:

The Serenity OC Kernel​

I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your phone.
This oc has been tested many many times, but going past stock levels could cause damage.
You have been warned!

All older versions of the kernel are no longer supported. If you are on ICS, its time to upgrade :)

Questions are for the threads only. I will not respond to help questions in pm.
All that information should be open discussion. [/B]

Featuring:
All new 3.4 JB kernel Thanks to ZTE :)
OC up 1.8ghz
Default to 1.4ghz
Default gov OnDemand
New governors(I'll list all of them in time)
Swap support
CleanCache
KSM
Memory Compaction
qCache support
OTG(don't know if this works, no one has a cable, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!)

Coming soon:

Instructions:
Download zip and place on sdcard. Install in cwm under, install zip from sdcard. You may need to clear cache from any CPU control app you are using being that cwm doesn't clear cache.

Downloads:
Stock JB kernel:
in case you want to revert back to stock
Dev-Host - Stock_N861_JB_Kernel.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Serenity JB beta v0.7 full release:
Dev-Host - N861_JB_Serenity_OC_0.7.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

I will upload other betas here
Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

All older versions of the kernel are no longer supported. If you are on ICS, its time to upgrade :)

Recommended apps:
These are the two I tried. I use CPU master pro. I haven't tried the free version. I wouldn't recommend setcpu for anything. I've had many issues with that app.
Free:
Voltage Control
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darekxan.voltagecontrol
Paid:
CPU Master Pro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.CpuMaster

if ya want to buy me a soda, coffee, etc to show your appreciation, I'm providing a donation link.
All donations go towards all things android and not for anything personal. Furthur donations will go to words the purchase of a Sequent so I can test. Make sure you post your name at the end of that link so I know who to thank.

Well I took the dirty plunge! Lol...Serenity! Props to ya on a nice job with this kernel DTM. I was brooding around the root tools site and saw a Fast Charge app...does Serenity support fast charge? Thanks.

Upvote 0
If you are running jelly bean 4.1.2, don't bother trying this kernel as it will not work. If you are running ics, you should consider updating to jb and not overclocking until we get an updated oc kernel.

Holy schnitzle bits batman! I often leap before I look but luck has kept me from ever suffering irrecoverable damage. I upgrade to jb 4.1.2 then I installed super rom and yesterday i flashed Serenity kernel and then TODAY I read what sounds like Serenity doesn't work on Android 4.1.2? My phone seems to be doing fine with every thing I just said. Forgive me if you guys were either meaning a different kernel or am older version of Serenity...being clueless is a trend with me. Lol

Upvote 0
Holy schnitzle bits batman! I often leap before I look but luck has kept me from ever suffering irrecoverable damage. I upgrade to jb 4.1.2 then I installed super rom and yesterday i flashed Serenity kernel and then TODAY I read what sounds like Serenity doesn't work on Android 4.1.2? My phone seems to be doing fine with every thing I just said. Forgive me if you guys were either meaning a different kernel or am older version of Serenity...being clueless is a trend with me. Lol
Yes, Serenity works with 4.1.2 now. There was an older version that someone had flashed that was for ICS, but this was updated a few days ago to work with JB.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Yes, Serenity works with 4.1.2 now. There was an older version that someone had flashed that was for ICS, but this was updated a few days ago to work with JB.
Kinda funny when people start reading a thread, find someone that says it doesn't work, and then stop reading to never find out if it was fixed lol

Upvote 0
I went through installed the kernel then it said to reboot the phone so I went back and rebooted now when I turn it on theres a vibration a green android then the screen flashes white for about 2 seconds then it goes black, I'm extremely nooby at this stuff so any help would be appreciated!

What ROM were you running when you flashed the kernel? B07, B09, B11? If it was not B11 that is your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones