1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [KERNEL][Placeholder] Asus HD7 BSydz Custom Kernels BETA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BSydz, Dec 23, 2013.

1. BSydz

BSydz Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2012
    The Mitten
    This just a place holder for now. Just want to let you guys know that I have built a custom kernel for our device and it boots, everything seems to work just fine.

This is my first custom kernel for the Asus Memo Pad HD7. This is a BETA build and I will need feedback.

For right now there will only be one kernel but I plan to build custom kernels for all available ROMs.

In order to use this kernel, you will have to unlock your bootloader, install Caliv recovery. Info can be found here [RECOVERY] [ROM] ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x) [MULTILANG] - xda-developers.

Once that process is completed you will have to flash http://androidforums.com/memo-pad-h...09-rom-stock-factory-us-asus-hd7-4-2-1-a.html

Once you have installed the ROM get all system updates.

Now we can install the kernel, make sure you are running ME173X_US_user_4.2.4.72702_20131128.

I plan on making a flashable zip, but for now this will have to be flashed through fastboot. You will also need Performance Control found here [APP][ROOT][4.0+] Performance Control - Open Source - xda-developers

I added governors, I/O schedulers and extra clock rates, but they are not accessible at this moment, I will post the kernel as soon as these issues are addressed.

Advertisement

2. Swisaiahag

Swisaiahag Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2012
    Male
    Miami,Florida
    MediaTek Kernels are impossible to oc but anything is possible good luck !