• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] Plague LG Connect LGMS840

yea I just tested n camera causes a reboot for me too. Other than that tho I've not have any reboots, was actually approaching 24h uptime when I tried the camera.

Will be looking into said issues tho. ;)

UPDATE!! - camera and hopefully other issues fixed. For the curious, it was the lib's included in the zip which I should have just left out. lol

Link in OP updated!!

Confirmed working... thanks p-god! hows cm9 comin along?

Upvote 0
Would it hurt anything to just delete init.qcom.post_boot.sh, I have a backup just in case.
prolly would hurt sumtin sum place. there are 2 lines starting with echo and have ondemand in them under a struct that uses getprop, you want the one with cayman in it n delete those 2 lines.

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
ae8dd50c-7c1f-002b.jpg

OK what two lines were you referring to. Sorry to be a bug.

Upvote 0
I know the Plague ROM is built from ZVA, just wanted to make sure this kernel will work with Stock ZVA before flashing it, I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

Also I wanted to make sure that this version of the kernel works correctly before flashing.

Yes and its the best mix Ever!! Fastest and most responsive with all the battery saving features.

Upvote 0
I thin faux kernel is a flavor of a custom kernel.
Like Franco kernel or Glados kernel.
you would be correct, faux is just another devs equivalent to my Plague kernel etc etc. From what I have seen faux and Franco kernels are usually built for the more popular phones. ;)

But if one knows enough they could follow the commits on any well documented kernel on github and apply most of the changes to any kernel. ;)

Reactions: VeNoMzRevenge
Upvote 0
you would be correct, faux is just another devs equivalent to my Plague kernel etc etc. From what I have seen faux and Franco kernels are usually built for the more popular phones. ;)

But if one knows enough they could follow the commits on any well documented kernel on github and apply most of the changes to any kernel. ;)
PG?? ur awake??? LOL

o and btw, i totally learned how to do that last part thanks to yu haha :D

anyway, im getting ready to KO atm.. guess i had no luck with gettin your version to boot (of stock/de-odex) but it could be due to some of my changes.. i pushed out 3 more tests of th stock rom but who knows...

only thing i can think of is the actaul system files & updater-script together aren't cooperating with each other, my boot.img is bad, or Maps.apk is a bastard!! LOL, from 'my own' personal experience, i had my x girl's connect to play with and any time i tried to add maps to the rom (data/app or system/app) it WOULD NOT BOOT... no f*kn clue as to why... but it's just my personal experience... and somehow i pin-pointed it to being maps lol forget how exactly, but if thats not the reason then like i said it could be my kernel and/or updater script or many other things... hopefully i get some feedback on those tests soon and i can probly give you a more 'clear' answer/reason as to what the issue was or is... lol
anywayyyyy Gnite!!!! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones