• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] Plague Overclock Kernel for LG Esteem MS910 - UPDATED!

PlayfulGod

Extreme Android User
Jan 28, 2011
NW Georgia
unleashedprepaids.com
Ok folks, as we know have CWM working I can now post my custom overclocked kernel. :D

Its build from LG source and modified by myself with assistance from mtmichealson. It has a max oc of 1804Mhz (1.8Ghz) with scaling inbetween and even some lower settings added.

Its been running and very stable @1.8Ghz for all I know who are running it. It has 2 additional governors added, smartass2 and interactive. Smartass2 has been reported to revert back to ondemand or performance. I will correct this in a future build or make sure thats what its suppose to be doing.

Changelog:

• Added a link for the 2016Mhz (2Ghz) Plague Extreme kernel. I revert the versioning back to perf so to avoid any module conflicts. But the HDMI out still seems not to work. :\

• Added 2.2Ghz max oc for the brave souls!!!
  • Added HDMI fix - thanks to mtmichealson

I would like to thank our team of testers, they been a great help to me and mt, thanks guys!!!

The goods:

1.8 Plague Kernel

2Ghz Plague Extreme

2.2Ghz Plague Extreme with HDMI fix

Download and copy to your sdcard and install with CWM or RZR. No wipes needed. Get SetCPU or similar app to set overclocking.

icon4.gif
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone!

I dl'ed the kernel src from LG this am and have compiled a oc'd kernel with a max of 1.6Ghz.

Now all we need is someone to figure out how to get it on the phone to test it lol

1.6Ghz I like the sound of that. Was gonna get the phone next week but might have to just go get it tonight. Since it sounds like no one is willing to be a test dummy for you. I also think we all need to donate to PG. Since myself and im sure many others here were or our ascenders and without his work we would still want to throw that laggy pos at the wall. So if no one offers up there time and phone to test these out i will hopefully have the phone within the next 24 hours. i just gotta get it without the wife knowing what im going to do lol.

Upvote 0
PG, I can confirm that the stock rom is overclockable to 1.4Ghz like you asked in a different post. The extra .2 would be more than welcome though.

Also, I'm willing to be a test subject for the stuff you're working on (CWM and new kernel) not too experienced with android as this is only my second android phone and my firest one was the indulge which was only fairly recently rooted, but I've been a linux user for years so I shouldn't have too hard a time learning the stuff with minimal guidance

Reactions: kevinrubio
Upvote 0
PG, I can confirm that the stock rom is overclockable to 1.4Ghz like you asked in a different post. The extra .2 would be more than welcome though.

Also, I'm willing to be a test subject for the stuff you're working on (CWM and new kernel) not too experienced with android as this is only my second android phone and my firest one was the indulge which was only fairly recently rooted, but I've been a linux user for years so I shouldn't have too hard a time learning the stuff with minimal guidance

How were you able to overclock? My max with setCPU is 1GHz

Upvote 0
No scripts, just rooted phone and weren't to CPU tuner, i used to use it to underclock my indulge when the seen was off and it extended my battery life.
Yea 1.4Ghz should be achievable on the stock ROM from I seen of the kernel src. Just root and use a cpu oc app like setcpu, android oc, etc.

Mine will let it goto 1.6 and plan on a 1.9 version as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones