• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel] Power Kernel by Mobstergunz

And it's people like you who have made many app developers, myself included, go away from android development. There is just no money in it because a lot of android phone users are just like you. You feel like a couple bucks is too much for something that took months of work to create. Keep going, soon there won't be anything to pirate because all the devs well have left.

Upvote 0
the only time i typically pirate apps is when they say they are not compatible with my device, and are in fact compatible with my device. if a game is like a few bucks and looks kinda dumb i may pirate a copy and try it, if i like it i buy it. im not some antipiracy nut, but if an app is good i pay for it. if apps go on sale im a sucker for picking up shit i dont need.

imo 1 dollar apps is the sweet spot lol. i buy them and i dont even feel like ive spent anything at all. thats not to say 3$ is a lot by any stretch of the imagination. but i literally view 99c apps as free apps.

Upvote 0
Are you folks sure that you need to extract the boot.img to flash a kernel with 4EXT (S-on)?

4EXT asks if you are S-on when you first use it, which turns on the "S-ON 4EXT SmartFlash" option in settings.

I flashed the zip file, and the recovery log sure looks like it worked fine:

Code:
-- Installing: /sdcard/_Roms/Mobster Power Kernel v1.0.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/_Roms/Mobster Power Kernel v1.0.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installing Sense 3.6 Power Kernel...minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh"

Done...
script result was [Done...]

Install from sdcard complete.

4EXT Recovery Control finished..

Cancel reboot? 

reboot in: 5
                    reboot in: 4
                    reboot in: 3
                    reboot in: 2
                    reboot in: 1
                    reboot in: 0
       A pending update to your boot partition
                 has been detected.

Your rom will reboot once to finish the process.

A backup of your previous boot partition
     has been saved at: /sdcard/4ext/boot_backup

Upvote 0
Are you folks sure that you need to extract the boot.img to flash a kernel with 4EXT (S-on)?

4EXT asks if you are S-on when you first use it, which turns on the "S-ON 4EXT SmartFlash" option in settings.

I flashed the zip file, and the recovery log sure looks like it worked fine:

Code:
-- Installing: /sdcard/_Roms/Mobster Power Kernel v1.0.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/_Roms/Mobster Power Kernel v1.0.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installing Sense 3.6 Power Kernel...minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh"

Done...
script result was [Done...]

Install from sdcard complete.

4EXT Recovery Control finished..

Cancel reboot? 

reboot in: 5
                    reboot in: 4
                    reboot in: 3
                    reboot in: 2
                    reboot in: 1
                    reboot in: 0
       A pending update to your boot partition
                 has been detected.

Your rom will reboot once to finish the process.

A backup of your previous boot partition
     has been saved at: /sdcard/4ext/boot_backup

I'm s-off so I haven't even tried it. That's just the logical thing I thought of to do.

Upvote 0
I believe you can I just flashed this kernel on my stock rom I don't know if there is a difference though
i did the same,i couldn't get an answer from anyone in this thread about flashing on stock or not,even though i asked twice...I'm refreshing the thread over and over to see if someone will get an answer about "how you know you flashed it right" or "the kernel version will say ~this~" so you know you flashed it right.

thanks for the report though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones